This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable sources on Magyar paganism?

Being part Hungarian I considered it only proper that I learn something more about the ways associated with my ancestors. However I can find very little in terms of web resources I can actually read, let alone books. I have studied the ways of various related peoples in the past and learned some important wisdom from it but I want to know more about my direct ancestors spiritual heritage. I know a fair bit of the other peoples I'm descended from but this one eludes me. Does anyone know of any decent sources I could look into?

Re: Reliable sources on Magyar paganism?

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
    Being part Hungarian I considered it only proper that I learn something more about the ways associated with my ancestors. However I can find very little in terms of web resources I can actually read, let alone books. I have studied the ways of various related peoples in the past and learned some important wisdom from it but I want to know more about my direct ancestors spiritual heritage. I know a fair bit of the other peoples I'm descended from but this one eludes me. Does anyone know of any decent sources I could look into?
    quoted for readability

default changes color with themes. Color tags override default. Choose them carefully or better yet, don't use them without good reason. I don't like highlighting your post to read it and I doubt anyone else does.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Dang. Having problems with the site tonight.

Have you seen this link, though? Might be of interest: http://motherdanube.wordpress.com/20...rian-paganism/.

This is one of those religions that doesn't get much attention in the English-speaking parts of the world, it seems.
      Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        quoted for readability

default changes color with themes. Color tags override default. Choose them carefully or better yet, don't use them without good reason. I don't like highlighting your post to read it and I doubt anyone else does.
        It comes out just fine at my end.

Anyway. I here quite a bit about the importance of sun and sky Deities in addition to the worship of a Mother Goddess often associated with the Virgin Mary by the Christian Magyar, so this isn't new to me. It's rather frustrating that I can't seem to find more on the subject.

Sadly Satu, this isn't much I haven't already read.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
          It comes out just fine at my end.
          Yes, and you browse the forum using a theme called mint which has a lot of black, dark grey and green. I use default style which is primarily white and with shades of blue where mint has green. The color you selected is just short of invisible in default unless highlighted. Without tags, your text would just shift into black when someone looked at in default. IE, your posts would be legible to the several hundred members of this forum who are not you and since the presumed goal of posting is to communicate, this is a good thing.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well my search is growing increasingly frustrating. One would think there would be much more out there on the net at least in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
            X