Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gardening

Ooooh so I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was trying to grow potatoes in a container. I didn't have a large, tall barrel, which would have been ideal, so I just used a large planter. Success! I don't have a huge haul due to the size and the plants died off in the middle of the summer, but I just dug them up and I still have a decent amount of potatoes!

Comment

We do that too. My hubby usually grows 10-15 pots of potatoes. Super delicious.

Comment

I don't know what my living situation will be like next season, but if I can, I'm definitely doing more! Gotta get me some barrels...

Comment

Lot's of great advice already, but thought I'd add a good source for seeds -- the farmer's market. If you acquire farm-fresh produce and you love it, save the seeds and grow your own next year. A book I am reading (The Third Plate) had a great turn of phrase for the way I think about gardening -- the goal is to grow more nature. That just means you put things in the ground that want to be in that piece of ground. When you puts things where they want to be, they thrive.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            I don't know what my living situation will be like next season, but if I can, I'm definitely doing more! Gotta get me some barrels...
            A friend of mine got some spud bags, for growing potatoes anywhere... look them up on diggers, that's where she got them.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
              When you puts things where they want to be, they thrive.
              So true. I had a succulent for 3 years and it never flowered. Gave it to the guy next door and he took it out of it's very pretty pot and into the ground. Flowers.

Comment

Japanese Maples. Anyone know a lot about them? Mine held its brown leaves this year for the first time. I'm hoping it's not dead.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                X