X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crochet

Hi all!

I was looking through Hobbies and couldn't find a thread on crochet! I saw one on knitting that is stickied, but I was flabbergasted to see nobody had posted anything about crochet!

The last project I did was a belt crocheted of leather lace which I made for my dad for xmas. I haven't really been doing any crochet since then. I do have a cowl and a shawl I started making for my mom, but I just haven't felt like working on them lately.

Is there anybody else here who does crochet?

ThunderWolf

Re: Crochet

I never really learned crochet, my mom was the only person in e family who could crochet, and she did not want to teach me, so all I ever really learned was using a crochet needle to finish off knitting projects.... It's something I should learn at some point I suppose...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I don't know crochet either. I'm going to try to learn crochet in the near future after I get better at knitting.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I crochet...I think we usually just treat hte knitting thread as a knitting and crochet thread, lol~!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I was a little kid the last time I gave crocheting a shot. I remember that my Mom and I took a class down at the local library, found it impossibly frustrating, and never tried it again. But I would love to give it another go now that I'm older

Comment

I learned to knit in the 4th grade, but I never tried to crochet until I was an adult. Despite it being infinitely easier than knitting I found it frustrating my first few goes, too. I found it very difficult to get into the habit of keeping the tension much looser than what I was naturally inclined to do. Once I got the hang of that, though, I couldn't believe how simple it is to crochet!

Comment

I crochet. The last thing that I made was a mesh style hippie hat.

Comment

One of the great advantages of crochet (IMHO) is that, unlike knitting, if you drop a stitch it tends to be easier to pick up again! I used to lovely making crocheted lace collars - magical especially if the thread had a sparkle in it!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                X