X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Keeping

Hi again!

Another hobby I have that isn't listed (I guess you could call it a hobby) is keeping pets. At one point I had 6 pet rats and a cat. I've since had 6 guinea pigs, and a parakeet. I never intended to have so many guinea pigs, but my first two (now deceased) were male. Then I bought two females. One of them came to me pregnant. She gave birth to two boys the day after my cat died. So I now have the two females, the two "babies", the parakeet and in November I finally got another cat who was just over a year old at the time. What pets do you have?

ThunderWolf

Re: Pet Keeping

We have a cat and a dog here in Israel. In Ukraine, my parents used to have a Rottweiler and a cat. The Rottweiler always wanted to play with the cat. The cat didn't
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      We have a cat and a dog here in Israel. In Ukraine, my parents used to have a Rottweiler and a cat. The Rottweiler always wanted to play with the cat. The cat didn't
      He he he he, that sounds about right!

- - - Updated - - -

There is another pets thread out there, or two, were I not on the iPad I would go find them for you, but no one minds talking about pet keeping in a hobby sort of way, as I think most pet owners just enjoy yammering about their pets!

i have 2 kitties, if I tried to get any other pets at this time there would be a line of people to throttle me, my MiL, FiL, hubby.... Yeah.... No need for more animals.... They say...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is another pets thread out there, or two, were I not on the iPad I would go find them for you, but no one minds talking about pet keeping in a hobby sort of way, as I think most pet owners just enjoy yammering about their pets!

i have 2 kitties, if I tried to get any other pets at this time there would be a line of people to throttle me, my MiL, FiL, hubby.... Yeah.... No need for more animals.... They say...
        Under "family and friends" or some such...since they are just furry family and friends
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

We used to have a kitty That was her name, actually, Kitty. She passed quite a while ago.

I do still have a chinchilla, though. He's my sweet little ball of furious lovin'. He has a minor eye irritation that I've been giving him eye drops for. It's clearing up pretty nicely, but he had me scared for a while there.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Kitties!

- - - Updated - - -

We had 2 small parrots many years ago. One was green and the other yellow. They stinked, literally. What happened is that either my mum or I forgot to lock their cage. The day after, they were both found dead on our neighbour's garden. But they were really nice, especially the green one.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have had my Husky for about four years now. I found him on the side of the street and learned he had a chip. When I tried to contact his owner, I learned that she had died and had no family left behind so I got to keep him. His name is Shunka. He enjoys escaping from the yard and the house whenever he feels like it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	medo - Copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	352320

My little quill-baby. He's bigger now, but I can't be asked to dig out my newer photos of him at this moment.

Comment

I think we actually got a whole Pets subforum, didn't we? Or did I hallucinate that?

I have a Rainbow Lorikeet named Noodle... pretty sure there's a photo on the forum here somewhere...

My cat lives with my parents as they wouldn't let hom move out with me. Otherwise Torey and I are renting so we aren't allowed any other pets. We have plans though lol.

I'm also a vet nurse, so you could consider pet care a particular hobby of mine.

Comment

It's a figment of your imagination. There is not now nor has there ever been a pet subforum attached to the Friends and Family section.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      It's a figment of your imagination. There is not now nor has there ever been a pet subforum attached to the Friends and Family section.
                      Didn't think so. Obviously I have finally lost my mind completely. Or something.

Comment

Well you're a member of a forum that doubles as a sanity farm. I need to get pizza ingredients somewhere after all.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Well you're a member of a forum that doubles as a sanity farm. I need to get pizza ingredients somewhere after all.
                          I'm fairly certain my soul would make terrible pizza. You don't want it. Nope.

Comment

Lol, don't worry about that. I have good recipes. Anyway, it's not like I want the whole thing*. It'll recover.

*Devouring entire souls is the mark of an amateur. It deprives one of a renewable resource and summons pissed off gods and angels.

Comment

Well in that case, help yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X