This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Ad Hunting

So, I love vintage ads...especially ones for stuff like "shoe sizing with xrays" and "leaded gasoline is healthy for you and your car".

I'm on a hunt, and if anyone wants to help me, that would be awesome!

I'm talking stuff like these: http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/news/image...althy-products

Or Radium make-up (and other stuff), Arsenic baby powder, Belladonna eye drops...

If you get an extra 10 minutes to google around, see what you can find, and link them here!!!

Pretty please?!?!?!
    Last edited by thalassa; 23 Apr 2014, 06:07.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Vintage Ad Hunting

I think I have one advertising the wonders of lead based paint. I'll take a look & see if I can re-locate it.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This isn't the one I have in my stacks, but it's similar:

image.jpg

Here's a fun one, too - kids LOVE lead paint!

image.jpg

Do an image search for Ditchboy lead paint advertisement - in retrospect, they are gruesomely hilarious.

And, while searching, I met this interesting ad. Everybody wants Swastika Biscuits!

image.jpg
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just ran across this article you may enjoy:

7 Ways The Beauty Industry Convinced Women That They Weren't Good Enough

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            good one!!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. Clicked Hawkfeathers' link and just ... wow. The cocaine drops for toothaches really caught my eye, but mostly I was alarmed at the blatant misogyny in so many of them.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
              X