Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need to know how to channel my fear in the darkness (details)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to know how to channel my fear in the darkness (details)

i'm new to the whole thing, i'm not even sure if i'm asking the right questions or in the right place. but i seek teachers, i seek guidance. too long i have held gifts and unable to know how to embrace them completely.

i'll start by saying i sometimes see places i never seen before in my dreams, there are even times i'll dream about things that have happened without my knowledge and even things that have not yet happened, and i know every time it happens it won't be the last time. the thing is, the latest two things i dreamed about, one was a connection to a place i see in my dreams, its not too often but it isn't rare either. i dreamed i was looking at a map, there was a name on the map that caught my eye the most. it said Blackfoot Forrest. after waking up i was curious and i typed it in on the internet, and i saw photos, instantly i got a rush of cold chills. i felt like i made a connection, finally one the places i dream about me exploring has a name. i been there, it looked very familiar. but i only been there in my sleep.

the latest other dream i had was about my grandma being in the hospital, and i was trying to go see her. the next day i find out she did go to the hospital.

i sometimes even dream of demons, and ghosts that try to possess you, which feels painful by the way. even when i'm awake i have had my past with the paranormal. i could tell you some stories, but i'd rather not discuss my whole history.

the thing is, i feel as i must channel them, and whatever fears i have, so it can consume me and in the end, conquer it. i want to feel the ultimate rush of cold chills and over come my demons that are more about me than anything else. which is the very reason of me being here, or anywhere else that i may have to seek if i can't find the answers here to those who understand me and not think of me just another foolish noob. even if it may be true, still. i'm being serious. i am lost, and don't know where to go for help.

but i see this happening so clearly, i'm in a dark room and i become vulnerable and all these cold chills from whatever is around me, and all my fears rushing at me at once. i feel as to become stronger, i must first know true fear of my fears and over come them. i feel it would make me stronger. i see no after, i see no before. all i see of it is me in the dark laying on the floor in fear, channeling more and more, for the purpose of becoming stronger at the outcome.

but i do have my doubts, which gets me to my next question, is it a good idea?

like i said, i'm new to this seeking help thing from things that you can't ask just anyone. but this is weighing on me, its getting rather too heavy. i just hope if i do this its not going to be something bad. i'm close to family, i don't want to ruin that.

i do not deny i have a dark side, which i keep contained. if i let that side of me out completely, lets just say it wouldn't be wise.

Re: i need to know how to channel my fear in the darkness (details)

The dream world is a bit tricky. There are different rules there.
    Sometimes you can control what's happening, sometimes your actions are very limited and sometimes you can't do anything. You just stand, sit... anyway - stay in the same position for the rest of the dream.
    You should work on controlling the situation in the dreams and think fast, 'cause things may happen in a blink of an eye in the "dream world".

There is one more situation, when you can only try to escape. In the end, when you can't stay there,you must force yourself to wake up. It's not very easy.
    If you want to help your family, for instance when you know something bad is gonna happen, you should tell them about it and try to find a solution accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

To fear something is absolutely fine. I don't know about conquering the fear, everyone has his own way to do it. But there is an option of putting the fear aside, to make it fade a little.
    It's better to hear what other people will say, my answer may not be the most correct one.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Fear is an emotion that can be controlled. While it has an important survival use it can be crippling as well. If you go into the woods in the middle of the night the most dangerous thing in there is you.

Dreams are your mind unlocked. The combination of the sub and conscious mind. As always stated keep a dream journal and write everything down as soon as you wake. You can control your dreams with practice and then anything is possible.

Youtube has lots of sleep and guided imagery meditation videos that can help you focus on anything you want. I always say do not hold back in your dreams let them be where you let the darkness out and learn from them.

One of my favorite quotes, "they say to dream is to die a little bit but to a dreamer waking up can be just as bad".

Comment

thanks for the replies, its always good to hear what others have to say right or no, its still something to ponder about. knowledge is power, depending on how someone uses it. to me life is an expression to ones eyes who see the world true to themselves, and we define what we love, and what we must to press forward. which is my greatest fear, pressing forward, i don't drive, its scary to me, my life would change a lot and i'm scared i'm not ready, i'm scared of the closed door. i had a dream once, i was in a upstairs room that had nine doors, i had to close and open different doors. the last door that needed to be opened the closer i got to it, the more fear i felt, in the dream i started to breathe heavier and heavier and the room started to spin and it was getting darker and darker, when i put my hand on the knob, i passed out in the dream. i believe that door was a future i will one day have to open, otherwise things will always be the same.

Comment

There is a book called 'An Experiment with Time' by J.W Dunne which addresses the phenomena of future events sometimes being apparent within dreams. I gave up part-way through because his time direction hypotheses get very technical, but the central argument is compelling.

Hope this helps

Comment

Transformation can be a scary thing, even when it is mundane. The butterfly cannot go back to being the caterpillar and the man cannot go back to being a child, but neither can simply not change. If the change is perceived as a battle, then that is how it will be experienced; if it is perceived as a test, then that is how it will be experienced; if it is perceived as a reward, then that is how it will be experienced. What actually occurs physically will, of course, be the same, but the mental, emotional, and spiritual experience of it can be chosen. For what it is worth.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
            X