This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do w/your tattoo A.D.

Hate to see all that beautiful and expensive skin art turn into wormfood when you die?

Here's an idea - consider preserving bits of skin:

18 Preserved Prison Tattoos That Are Still Attached To Skin

Actually, they might be nicer tanned and made into handbags or something...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: What to do w/your tattoo A.D.

welp.... I'm done with lunch now... neat, but.... nope, totally not eating now...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Seen stuff like this before...they're actually fairly collectible.

Of course, you kinda have to plan ahead for that stuff...it's not like you can make your plans after you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
        welp.... I'm done with lunch now... neat, but.... nope, totally not eating now...
        Some of them look kindda like bologna, though...

I kept imagining two slices of bread and some mustard.

- - - Updated - - -

Just ran into this, for those who are interested in the idea (I still like the idea of tanning them better, though):

Dutch entrepreneur finds way to preserve tattoos of the DEAD

Those wacky Dutch boys!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I saw this whole TV documentary about a man who was dying of lung cancer. As he was going through the process of dying, he got tons of tattoos all over his back and arms. After his death, he had his back/arms flayed, and the skin put through a preservation process. Then they hung the preserved skin bits up for display in the diner he owned, so that his family, friends, and customers could always remember him.
          It was kind of sweet, in a gruesome, horrifying, offbeat sort of way.
          Also, haven't seen the doc in a long time so I may have some of the details wrong. The part about the diner seems really sketchy, so it might've been a different kind of establishment.
          I feel like a diner would lose a lot of business if they opted for that kind of decor.
          "Oh yeah, don't mind that. That's just old Jimmy's skinned remains. He was card, that Jimmy."

Yech.

Comment

Working...
          X