This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No place like home

what would your ideal home be like?? i want to build my own house with a HUGE kitchen, 4 BR, 3 BA, front porch that spans the front of the house, balcony off the second floor, and somethin of a guest house attached so i can help a friend or family in need. is your home a normal house or would it be creative in design, colour, buildin supplies, etc?? unrealistically, i would like to live behind a waterfall. it just feels right.

Re: No place like home

A good-sized, one-room flat or house in a moderately populated city, with all the proper accommodations like a lavatory, washer, small kitchen area, study area, close the bus/tram stations, et cetera. Ideally a view that offers a good view overlooking the rest of the city. A simple square(ish) design works fine, so long as its open and properly makes use of the space without feeling overly cramped.

Comment

Like this, only 5 bedrooms:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34341

Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2039719-0E0097CC00000578-796_634x357.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	352332

Comment

I have often dreamed of my own home and use Minecraft frequently to fill that little void in my life that would enjoy...

A small castle... Not too fancy... Medieval style with ramparts, no flying buttresses, maybe a moat... Just enough rooms to be fully functioning... I don't need wings. I just LOVE the medieval ones, not too big on renaissance, but <3 the medi ones....

Ok, but in the real practical world....

An art and crafts studio / a gaming room / a bedroom / just enough yard to play around in and have a garden / a nice kitchen for doing experimental cooking / and a living room / dining room is optional / I would not want a prefab home I think they are ugly as sin / I would want the exterior pain white with lavender trim... The bedroom and art studio would reflect my dark, macabre tastes and the rest of the house would feel warm and inviting, for the guests's sakes /

Comment

I'm fond of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	53604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	352334

but I could also be persuaded to take a Tardis...

what?!?!

I like the idea of a home that can travel the stars and that packs more firepower than all of planet Earth combined.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by nymphetflower View Post
            what would your ideal home be like?? i want to build my own house with a HUGE kitchen, 4 BR, 3 BA, front porch that spans the front of the house, balcony off the second floor, and somethin of a guest house attached so i can help a friend or family in need. is your home a normal house or would it be creative in design, colour, buildin supplies, etc?? unrealistically, i would like to live behind a waterfall. it just feels right.
            I would like a small apartment, 1 BR, 1 bath, in a quiet neighborhood with large cities close by. 600-700 sq ft is enough for me. It'd be nice if it had the kitchen appliances already available, but everything else I'd supply myself. Since I'm paranoid, an open floor plan would be ideal.

Yes, I'm boring. Lol.
            Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

i want a good sized family and nobody likes to share space. and hey, if it just ends up with me and my daughter, i got 2 rooms i can do whatever i want with. probly use one for meditation and hobbies and the other as a small library. il eventually get around to drawin plans or lookin around for somethin similar out there, but im pretty hell bent on buildin. i want the area to be close enough to town for errands but with lots of land around it for runnin around and perhaps a garden. maybe even a tree house for midget. now im gettin carried away lol

Comment

It would be small and humble. The living room and sofas is placed outside. There is no traffic around my tribe/family, or whatever I end up with, so no fear of animals and kids running wild. And then there is a cool stream, were we will place or juices and bear, and hoist them when we wanna. We will work for us and each other, and just enjoy life in our home

Comment

It would be small, a wee cottage maybe - and detached, no neighbours through the wall! It would have a small garden with trees and would be on the edge of the place I grew up in. That way it's near family and near the bus route (I don't drive), but also with the countryside on the doorstep. It would be eco-friendly.

Comment

I would like an old Victorian house with a spiral staircase and a library with comfortable reading chairs, a 4-poster bed and a balcony overlooking a rose garden ^_^
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      I'm fond of these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3077[/ATTACH]

but I could also be persuaded to take a Tardis...

what?!?!

I like the idea of a home that can travel the stars and that packs more firepower than all of planet Earth combined.
                      I'd pick a Battle-Barge over that =3

Or a nice little wooden cottage in the middle of nowhere with good tinternet
                      Work hard Play hard.
                      What is history?

Comment

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
                        I'd pick a Battle-Barge over that =3

Or a nice little wooden cottage in the middle of nowhere with good tinternet
                        40K Battle-Barge? If so then have fun, I'm sticking to something that doesn't travel through hell for faster than light. If not, link?
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

We are moving early next year, so I've been thinking about this a lot. Ideally, I want a place with a large balcony/terrace and/or garden access, a second bedroom to use as a work room (I CANNOT concentrate while working in the living room and can't sleep if I work in the bedroom, so this is actually a -must-), wood floors, and a built-in kitchen (not common in Germany). The built-in kitchen might be the one we have to give up on, which really sucks because we have a built-in kitchen here and will therefore have to buy an oven, sink, shelves or cabinets, and dishwasher. But I've only found 2 apartments in the past few months in our new city that have built-in kitchens :/

Eventually, when we have kids, we want to move to a house. Ideally, it will have a big yard so that I can grow more food, enough rooms for work and for the kids, a good cellar space, and good insulation. We also want to somewhere close to the city, but maybe not directly in it....somewhere where we can easily take an S-Bahn (commuter train) in and go out for an evening, but have a bit of peace and quiet. I'd love to come back to Berlin/Brandenburg and so would my BF, but we have to see what happens with his job situation after he gets his degree.

Comment

Well, for now I just want an affordable place to live in close to the college I want to attend soon.
                            Ideally, however: A house out in the middle of nowhere, big yard, garden. Plenty of room. I'd like my house to have three floors including the basement. The basement would be me and my partner's room. First floor would have a nice kitchen, dining room, living room. Upstairs: a couple of bedrooms, and an art studio where I could keep focused.

Comment

Working...
                            X