Developing 6th sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developing 6th sense

I have been looking for a lot of information about it. Since I heard many people talking about it. I have found out that my sixth sense is Clairvoyance.
    Clairvoyance

It's the art of 'seeing' with senses beyond the five we normally use. Clairvoyance is often called the 'sixth sense' or E.S.P It is related to the images that are always present in your mind but you do not connect to. You will experience images, colors, and often animated scenes. This is the ability that most readers, psychics, clarirvoyants, possess. Clairvoyance is like a second level of thought, one step higher than the normal level of thinking that we all do, Clairvoyants can work at that level to *see* beyond what we normally *see*.

Here is the source: http://www.pharrah13.com/psychic_abilities.html
    I know that every individual has his own way to develop his own unique 6th sense. But I have absolutely no idea how to develop Clairvoyance. Perhaps, trying to use it more in different situations will do.

What are your thoughts about it?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Developing 6th sense

Being able to meditate on a regular basis helps. It's hard to "see" when your mind is so cluttered with other things that focus is impossible.

Comment

Indeed. It's not a special ability after all, but an ordinary sense just like the 5 others. Just like the hearing sense- it's hard to hear everyone in a crowd of 5 people when all of them talk at once.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I don't know why or if it's just a myth. Women really have a good sixth sense. I wonder if it's because the world is more 'dangerous' for us, or not. With the ability to carry life, comes the ability to protect it at all costs. Though I'm not a mother. I do know that I have developed that 6th sense. But sadly through deep pain and trauma in return for the 'gift'.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think there was a thread about the topic when I first registered here...

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't remember if there was or wasn't one.

Comment

I've been told that if I really focus, I could be empathic. I went on a Beltane retreat a few years ago with some friends from the forum I was with before. There was a man there who had recently gone through some emotionally traumatic things and one night when the wine flowed a little too heavily he decided to do an experiement. He had been getting vibes from me regarding sensitivity and he took advantage of that. He grabbed my hands and focused all of his negative energy flow into me and I felt it so strongly that I couldn't touch anyone of be within two feet of anyone for the remaining week of the trip. It made performing the ritual difficult. I'm glad it happened though because it opened up a lot of things for me. I do have sensitivities towards emotions but also an occasional premonition here and there.

Meditation and practice seem to work for me though when it comes to honing. I take items from friends and family that have emotional ties and see what I can get off of them. It also helps a lot with crystal work.
            (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Sorry this thread has confused me loads, I don't know anything about the sixth sense rreally but I've got from this thread that everyone has their own particular sixth sense if that's right? I was just wondering if my assumptions true how do you find out what sort of sixth sense you have?:P sorry in advance if I've got what people were making out in this thread wrong :s

Comment

It's ok, Northman. We are all here to learn. You got it right. Some people believe in it, some don't. I do.

About finding out your 6th sense - you just learn as you play. If you notice you have some sort of... Special ability.. Then perhaps it is your 6th sense. Here is something that might appear useful:

Comment

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                  Sorry this thread has confused me loads, I don't know anything about the sixth sense rreally but I've got from this thread that everyone has their own particular sixth sense if that's right? I was just wondering if my assumptions true how do you find out what sort of sixth sense you have?:P sorry in advance if I've got what people were making out in this thread wrong :s
                  Everyone has their own unique ability outside of the standard five senses. It's also known as the third eye to some folk.

An example of having a sixth sense would be being able to see/feel auras coming off of people/animals/objects. Or, simply being able to sense someone staring at you from a far distance. You must just become in tune with yourself in order to recognize what that ability is. For some individuals, its subtle, so more attention to your being must be noted.
                  "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Hmm well, quite frequently I have really vivid dreams that I'm falling (not off of a building I just sleep and boosh I'm falling) and I don't feel frightened by it even though it's REALLY realistic as in I can feel the wind then suddenly my whole body quivers and I wake up. Would you consider that an element of the third eye? (I like your term for it oldmotherwestwind )

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is quite weird, about a fortnight ago I had a scarily vivid dream of me walking down my sixth form drama corridor (that's how vivid it was, it was 100℅ accurate to the theatre layout displays on the walls) then I went into the disabled toilet and I saw my best friend (this is where it gets freaky :s) having a sexual act being performed on her by her ex bf. The next day (a Friday) my friend went on an art trip but on the Saturday when I asked her how the trip was she told me that her ex had tried to kiss her in a toilet in the gallery. Naturally I got really freaked out but I didn't tell her about my dream, it was too weird. Anyways could that be an element of the 3rd eye also?

Comment

Yes, it is old, but you might find it interesting: http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pa...r17Senses.html

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                        Hmm well, quite frequently I have really vivid dreams that I'm falling (not off of a building I just sleep and boosh I'm falling) and I don't feel frightened by it even though it's REALLY realistic as in I can feel the wind then suddenly my whole body quivers and I wake up. Would you consider that an element of the third eye? (I like your term for it oldmotherwestwind )

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is quite weird, about a fortnight ago I had a scarily vivid dream of me walking down my sixth form drama corridor (that's how vivid it was, it was 100℅ accurate to the theatre layout displays on the walls) then I went into the disabled toilet and I saw my best friend (this is where it gets freaky :s) having a sexual act being performed on her by her ex bf. The next day (a Friday) my friend went on an art trip but on the Saturday when I asked her how the trip was she told me that her ex had tried to kiss her in a toilet in the gallery. Naturally I got really freaked out but I didn't tell her about my dream, it was too weird. Anyways could that be an element of the 3rd eye also?
                        As far as I know, 3rd eye is the ability to foresee the future. In this case, it can be something like that, yeah.
                        But not every special ability is "3rd eye".

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                        Yes, it is old, but you might find it interesting: http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pa...r17Senses.html
                        Thanks for the link, Nbdy!

Comment

Working...
                        X