This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out young bloods,we are coming for you

Ok,all you young virgins,your blood will make us young again,at least according to the story at this link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/yo...mice-1.2632167

Puts in Vampire teeth and dons creepy cape,and says "Look into my eyes"....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Watch out young bloods,we are coming for you

Yeah, this should end well /sarcasm
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
      Yeah, this should end well /sarcasm
      Maybe not for you. But for us it works quite well....

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Teenagers are useful after all.

Comment

Haha maybe Countess Bathory was right all along!

In all seriousness though, cool. If it works for humans, I bet lots of people would be willing to donate blood to older relatives for transfusions. I would, and I'm very afraid of needles.

Comment

No! My blood!
            Well, I guess I'm now in danger.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

The apocalypse begins with drinking the blood of teenagers. That's just great. O_O
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

There is such a thing as fat mobilising hormone. It is a hormone released by the body at the point of death from starvation, and its purpose is to extract the fat from bone marrow, giving the body one last boost of energy before the person dies.

It also helps fat people lose weight and the most cost efficient way to utilise this hormone for weight loss is to collect it from the urine of dying people in the 3rd world. So this is what they do. They send doctors into places where people are starving to death; not to alleviate their condition, but to collect their urine just before they die so that someone in North America or Europe can lose a few pounds.

This is the world we live in, and I see this particular therapy as being no different. Donated blood products are difficult to manage logistically and hard to isolate the young from the old. There are other, more efficient ways of collection...

Comment

Yes, I read this with a mix of fascination and horror yesterday, and yet today things started looking better when my hubby and I realized that we had successfully engineered 3 ideal blood donors for our golden years ....

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by DON View Post
                    There is such a thing as fat mobilising hormone. It is a hormone released by the body at the point of death from starvation, and its purpose is to extract the fat from bone marrow, giving the body one last boost of energy before the person dies.

It also helps fat people lose weight and the most cost efficient way to utilise this hormone for weight loss is to collect it from the urine of dying people in the 3rd world. So this is what they do. They send doctors into places where people are starving to death; not to alleviate their condition, but to collect their urine just before they die so that someone in North America or Europe can lose a few pounds.

This is the world we live in, and I see this particular therapy as being no different. Donated blood products are difficult to manage logistically and hard to isolate the young from the old. There are other, more efficient ways of collection...
                    This is interesting, if true. Can you cite a source for it?
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I immediately think of the second back to the future movie where Doc talks about going through a rejuvenation procedure in which he received a change of blood..I guess sci-fi writers nailed that one. :P

if they can isolate the correct proteins and such they may be able to tailor a fuel..I mean blood additive.. but the whole process makes sense, as we age our body's ability to manufacture proteins breaks down as our code gets read so many times that we start becoming copies upon copies of our former selves (Also errors, corrupted data, etc accumulates with age)..this effects the length of the telomeres and the proteins that are formed and presto..aging..in a basic sense..so receiving an infusion of the better fabricated proteins makes pretty valid sense.

Comment

I don't really know why so many people find this so scary. It's a pretty straightforward science article saying that blood transfusions had regenerative effects on mice and that they want to test it on humans. Nowhere does it mention harvesting the blood of the young against their will. I imagine that, if it worked, there would be more of a demand (and maybe more incentive) for blood donors, but realistically, I don't think it would change the donation process all that much. I don't think they'd be harvesting blood from the developing world (hard to transport, involves a lotttttt of testing because there is a lot more disease exposure) or forcing it out of the young.

Comment

Can't speak to people finding it scary. I'll probably be making Countess Bathory jokes for a long time though.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Can't speak to people finding it scary. I'll probably be making Countess Bathory jokes for a long time though.
                            Ohhhh me too :P

Comment

Ok kids,give me my pound of flesh,or pint of blood as the case may be....(yeh,that is sarcasm)

Go party your ass off kids,that the real law of being young..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X