Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ask a (Gay) Pagan Thread!

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
    I can understand you perfectly even if my experience is in reverse. I'm tired of being hit on by men that thinks the only reason I'm lesbian is that I haven't had 'a real man yet'.
    And I wouldn't call you homophobic. To me that is someone who discriminates against gays and lesbians because they don't understand it or dislike us for what we are. Not being able to understand, is just that, not being able to understand.
    As Toxicyglare said, most queers can't wrap their heads around being straight either, doesn't necessarily make us heterophobic.
    Oh I guess I misclassified myself Yeah I definitely will never discriminate, nor do I hate/dislike somebody because of their sexual preferences. It just confuses me, but I'm glad to hear it works in reverse as well :P Also I'm sorry some straight men are dumb like that, if they claim you just haven't had a "Real Man" yet, they aren't worth your breath or attention.

Good luck in life
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm sorry that there were people claiming to be Wiccan who said things to you because that is not what we live by. There are tons of LGBTQ Wiccans and they all love their religion. I don't think these 'Wiccans' stayed Wiccan for very long because if they can't understand the message that Wiccans live by then Wicca isn't for them. Our rede states, "If it harm none, do what ye will."
      Being prejudice is harmful. Again I apologize.
      A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Serria View Post
        I'm sorry that there were people claiming to be Wiccan who said things to you because that is not what we live by. There are tons of LGBTQ Wiccans and they all love their religion. I don't think these 'Wiccans' stayed Wiccan for very long because if they can't understand the message that Wiccans live by then Wicca isn't for them. Our rede states, "If it harm none, do what ye will."
        It's really not that big of a deal, if you ask me. I accept that there will always people, regardless of what group(s) they belong to, who will not like me because of my sex life. I'm pretty heavily influenced by Wicca in my path and I have never personally met a homophobic Wiccan or Pagan of any kind, but the fact that they exist is just something I have to live with. People can think what they think. If someone believes that the duality of God/Goddess means that homosexuality is unnatural, they have every right to believe that. What they don't have the right to do is impose their will on others.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
          Okay, I'm pagan and lesbian and have a question of my fellows.

Have you ever been discriminated against or persecuted by fellow pagans? Not just in religious context, but by and large.
          No never. The pagans I've crossed in life (not all that many), has been really open minded.

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
          I am guilty as charged of being slightly homophobic. I don't dislike the person, I just cant wrap my head around it, I just cant. Its just me though, doesn't help that the 3 openly gay guys I met either hit on me, knowing I'm straight, or wear shirts that say "I suck dick better than girls." so it kind of gave me a bad picture.
          I'm a pansexual, and currently in a relationship with another woman. I can't wrap my head around how someone would not fall for someone just because of their gender or gender identity. I fall for a person because of who they are... Why should gender be a factor if the person is wonderful and lovely, and has the qualities I like?

By the way, I know about a lot of straight men who's hit on lesbians, even though they knew they were lesbians. And I have had men asking me if I've ever had sex with a man before (because, obviously, if I knew how that felt like, I would stop falling in love with a woman... Uh... Right.)

I guess my point is, people are different and works differently.
          Last edited by arcticluna; 21 May 2013, 00:36.
          My blog
          On Instagram
          On Witches' Voice

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            I am guilty as charged of being slightly homophobic. I don't dislike the person, I just cant wrap my head around it, I just cant. Its just me though, doesn't help that the 3 openly gay guys I met either hit on me, knowing I'm straight, or wear shirts that say "I suck dick better than girls." so it kind of gave me a bad picture.
            I'm bisexual and to be honest I can't understand why someone wouldn't love someone based on gender.

My question is did you become a pagan first or did you realize you were gay first?

EDIT:
            @arcticlunasorry didn't see your post before I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Serria View Post
              Absolutely no need for you to apologise since it wasn't you who said this. I do not hold the actions or ideas of a few twits againts the majority. It was just that when I spotted this thread I thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever experienced the same in recent years, this was about 10 years ago so not exactly recent perhaps, but still. I am glad to see that I am very much the odd one out.
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

ok so this is something i've noticed recently, and i dont want this to seem rude or prying so if it is please ignore me and tell me to do one but. i've noticed (in two examples, by their own admission) that gay pagan lads, tend to be very ......... (trying to think if just the right words) socially awkward i think..... like they appear outwardly fine and everything but say that they find it hard to start up convosations and just to talk in general. so im wondering is this a common phenomena, do lesbian pagans have this aswell, do other gay pagans. does it stem from the "dual closet" thing or is it just the two ive talked to. anyway like i said if its offensiv e or prying tell me to do one XD

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                  ok so this is something i've noticed recently, and i dont want this to seem rude or prying so if it is please ignore me and tell me to do one but. i've noticed (in two examples, by their own admission) that gay pagan lads, tend to be very ......... (trying to think if just the right words) socially awkward i think..... like they appear outwardly fine and everything but say that they find it hard to start up convosations and just to talk in general. so im wondering is this a common phenomena, do lesbian pagans have this aswell, do other gay pagans. does it stem from the "dual closet" thing or is it just the two ive talked to. anyway like i said if its offensiv e or prying tell me to do one XD
                  Gee, did you have me in mind when you wrote this? :P I dunno how common it is. I've met and spoken to a few gay Pagan men in my time and none of them seemed as awkward as I. My own predicament is a result of how I was raised and how I was treated when I was young and began before I knew I was gay or Pagan. Those two characteristics are a coincidence, I believe. I cannot speak for lesbians, for I do not know any.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                    Gee, did you have me in mind when you wrote this? :P I dunno how common it is. I've met and spoken to a few gay Pagan men in my time and none of them seemed as awkward as I. My own predicament is a result of how I was raised and how I was treated when I was young and began before I knew I was gay or Pagan. Those two characteristics are a coincidence, I believe. I cannot speak for lesbians, for I do not know any.

no noooo course not :P XD, and ahhh ok i didnt mean to pry was just curious,

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                      Hmm, I don't know any gay pagan men in real life so I can't tell you if it is a more wide spread phenomenon. But speaking as a lesbian pagan I can only say that I rarely have trouble starting a conversation, and I can keep it going if the subject interests me. My main issue is that I have a very low threshold for the kind of smalltalk expected of women.
                      Me: "How are you?", the other person: "I'm fine. And you?", me: "I'm fine too." And there it ends.
                      And don't even start me about babies. No I don't want them, and it isn't any of you so**ing business why!
                      So, many of the topics women talk about bores me.

That said, the kinds of women I have ended up with have had interests appart from these and have been able to hold conversation about other topics.

So no, I generally am not shy or quiet or socially awkward, if I refrain to engage in a coversation about something, it is either because I have no opinion on it or it bores me.

Or maybe I am, now that I think of it, socially awkward that is. At least I might be considered so because I behave in what is deemed a masculine fashion, as in; being loud, putting my own views forward, having a logical approach to things. Can I ask you Kahlenda if these gay lads you mention had been female would you have considered them shy or awkward?
                      One thing I have found amongst queers, lads as well as lasses, is that we tend to adher to gender codes less than our straight counterparts and are often considered as being abnormal as a result. Just think of the stereotype butch lesbian or effeminate gay.
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

No i would have still considered them shy, i dont tend to make any distinctions of a persons attitude or outwards ness in regards to their sex, i dont think women should be quiet and withdrawn same as i dont think males should be loud and centre of attension some poeple are and some people arent, like i said it was by their own admission in convosations to me, that i found they were socially awkward.

Comment

Re-opened per request.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

“The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”. Lynn Lavner

Zeus - Poseidon - Pan - Bacchus - Dionysus - Apollo - Eros - Priapus - Cernunnos - just a partial list of Gods that have engaged in homosexual activity according to mythology and history - and yet here we are questioning the very people who follow their paths - how can Gardner (who incidentally didn't have an original thought in his head and "procured" all of his theology from Crowley who was one of the biggest pervs and homos on the planet) - how can Gardner and YOU* be questioning the very Gods that you worship? homophobia is indeed alive and well... YOU* (I am well aware that this is a mixed theology board and not everyone follows a Greek or Wiccan path - but I think the point is made with validity - especially since the hatred of Gardner has been mentioned numerous times in this thread)

this forum? well at least this thread has a heavy female/lesbian presence and POV concerning this gay topic - although it seems pretty clear that peeps are most often discussing/debating/disapproving of homosexual activity between males - I can't speak for lesbians - and I can't with any real authority even speak for gay men - but I can clear up some sticking points of this conversation as a gay man which have often been targets concerning the topic of duality and balance...

the first point that should be made is that homos are no different than heteros - so maybe you should be questioning how a hetero man can have balance if all of his energies are targeted towards females - with the exception of bi/pansexual we are all in the same boat concerning finding balance - gay men are not misogynist no more than straight men are misandrist - straight men don't loathe male Gods or find it difficult to make connection with masculine energies - why would anyone think that gay men loathe Goddesses? at least 50% off all gay men that I know (which is many) are diehard dedicants of Hecate

the real sticking point seems to be about "The Great Right" and "Hieros Gamos" - and my first question is how many of you are practicing these traditions beyond symbolic gestures - how many of you have circles where you are mounting the invocation of Goddess physically ? - I thought so.... none of you - a handful of you at best - so what makes your symbolic ritual any different than a homos symbolic gesture ??? and I can also tell you from experience that many male gay covens are a LOT more erotic than most hetero counterparts - and you only have do some real basic anatomy 101 to see how invoking Goddess works the same no matter where the calls are coming from...

I personally have never met a Wiccan who didn't have the same call to nature as a Pagan - even for Pagans the Goddess is the representation of nature - Gaia - Rhea - The Crone - don't we all see the Goddess as the creator - Mother Nature - why you all bringing dripping dicks into the conversation? actually and ironically I do - probably more information than you need - but often my solitary rituals include fertilizing an egg or large flower blossoms that can accommodate my genitals like the golden chalice cup to raise the energy and enact the rites of The Great Rite and Hieros Gamos...

finally there are MANY gay pagan and wicca covens - the largest probably being The Minoan Brotherhood which is international and has groves (covens) all across the world - it was founded by Eddie Buczynski who formerly was the founder of the first Welsh Traditional coven in America - High Priest of the New England Covens Of Traditional Witches (NECTW) - and rose very high in the ranks of the Gardnerian - he and his partner also owned one of the first and largest wiccan/occult shops in New York - Buczynski was well connected and deeply respected with nearly everyone who is a who's who in the early American wiccan history - and many took ques from the works and manifestos that he wrote/created concerning liberal neo-paganism - there is also a counterpart for women The Minoan Sisterhood

Comment

i have a brother that thinks anybody that practices witchcraft has a disease, and that they are the worst kind of person ever. My father who is not alive anymore could care less about somebody's life choices as long as it has no affect on him. My brother knows about my true story book and knows he is a character in it.He just views it as a true documentary, but if he thought i was taking part in coven activities he would disown me, actually he helps to advertise thee book.

Comment

Working...
                              X