This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo Frustrated!

My bf and I are living with his parents while we try to get back on our feet. His father.... OMG...!

His behavior is driving me nuts! Everything from his anger to his stupid little comments. "You ate this food. You didn't eat this food. The cat came in. The cat left. The cat's ignoring me. You're washing the dishes now? Why aren't you washing the dishes? You should be up at 4 in the morning every day because I say so. I want to stand in your personal space while you're in the kitchen. Why don't you talk to me more often?" Really? You haven't figured that out yet...? "I want to talk to a store clerk, but I don't want to go find one so I'm going to shout a random complaint loudly and hope that someone responds. No one's responded to my random shouting! I think this movie is funny so I want everyone to hear me laughing and making ridiculous noises for two hours. Why do you sit in your room with the door closed? People drive too fast. People drive too slow. There's people on the road!" After throwing his keys to his wife so she could open the car door, "I need the keys to open the trunk! You should be eating with paper plates. Well, since you do the dishes I guess it doesn't matter. You should be eating with paper plates."

I want to kick him in the nuts. Repeatedly. And I don't believe in violence for violence's sake. But some people need to learn to shut their mouths. I am SO tired of the contradictions and the general dissatisfaction with every aspect of life because no one is paying enough attention to him and his response to people trying to let him know how they feel about the way he does things is to explode with anger and start throwing his weight around. He's like an ape who has the ability to speak. Wait, I shouldn't insult our cousin species like that....

Re: Sooo Frustrated!

Tempting as it may be, do not bring arguments from other threads into this one. Deleting them increases my paperwork.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I never brought another argument into this thread. This is about a person I live with who is driving me nuts that I have never posted about before. Seriously, does anyone here actually read any posts or does everyone just make assumptions because they feel like it? If I want to rant about someone I LIVE with in the rant section, then I'm gonna do it. I have to live with a high and mighty superficial arrogant jackass in rl. I'd appreciate it if you would actually pay attention to what I've posted before you assume what I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
        I never brought another argument into this thread. This is about a person I live with who is driving me nuts that I have never posted about before. Seriously, does anyone here actually read any posts or does everyone just make assumptions because they feel like it? If I want to rant about someone I LIVE with in the rant section, then I'm gonna do it. I have to live with a high and mighty superficial arrogant jackass in rl. I'd appreciate it if you would actually pay attention to what I've posted before you assume what I'm doing.
        I had made a comment and it was removed. The Mod post was referring to me.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am aware of this. This post has nothing to do with you. It never did. It refers to someone I live with who is driving me up a wall. I'm sorry, but my life does not revolve around you. You were very hostile to me without provocation and I did not appreciate it. You devalued who I am and degraded me personally. I took offense to that. But this post is not about that. It's about my bf's father.

Edit: I don't know how anyone else runs their minds, but I do not mix my emotions between various people. If I say I am frustrated about my bf's father, then that is what I am frustrated about. He's been irritating me since I've lived here. I am quite glad the other thread was deleted, because I was not looking forward to defending who I am as a person from another attack.

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
            I am aware of this. This post has nothing to do with you. It never did. It refers to someone I live with who is driving me up a wall. I'm sorry, but my life does not revolve around you. You were very hostile to me without provocation and I did not appreciate it. You devalued who I am and degraded me personally. I took offense to that. But this post is not about that. It's about my bf's father.

Edit: I don't know how anyone else runs their minds, but I do not mix my emotions between various people. If I say I am frustrated about my bf's father, then that is what I am frustrated about. He's been irritating me since I've lived here. I am quite glad the other thread was deleted, because I was not looking forward to defending who I am as a person from another attack.
            I just wanted to point out Masked post was directed at me and not you. Again, I made a post that he deemed inappropriate and had it removed. Again, it was directed towards me. I didn't want you to think he was being mean to you. So just calm down already.

Comment

I am calm. Just misunderstood it. Like I said, I've been being pretty much harassed every day since I've been living with my bf and, yes, I am stressed. It's hot as hell in my room so I can't think straight right now. I apologize if I come off as angry but I am literally at my wit's end. I feel very trapped here and very overwhelmed. I'm dealing with a lot of very intense emotions constantly bombarding me all at once, and I wish they were mine so I could just keep them at bay. I'm not trying to snap at anyone. I'm just in a very fragile state as of late and I've been trying to keep my sanity without falling into despair again. I apologize to the mod as well. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just trying to find a place where I can sort of "hang out" while I'm stuck here, and maybe gain some further insight to myself and my beliefs while I'm at it.

Comment

Just to provide confirmation. My post was made after deleting a post that I found innappropriate. If I took issue with your opening post, Feathered then it wouldn't be possible for non-staff to comment in this thread. I'm many things but hesitant to lock threads that irritate me is rarely one of them. As is, my actions were specifically to discourage anyone from reposting or mimicing behaviour that I found distasteful and deleted and were in no way directed at you.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's all good now. No worries

Comment

Working...
                  X