This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed out

My life is busy at the moment, and a couple of things tend to just push me over the edge, I usually just have to stop and remove myself from any angry rant I may have sparked but I was just wondering if someone knows a short chant or little reminder I can use to stop myself and calm down? Thanks (Ps: I hope this is in the right section)
    Work hard Play hard.
    What is history?

Re: Stressed out

It depends on the situation. If it is caused by the actions of another person I usually take a moment to repeat myself that the issue is with them and not me.
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Comment

"Will this matter in 20 year?"

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
        "Will this matter in 20 year?"
        That's a good one.

I'm also a fan of both some peace and quiet and screaming (or in my case, playing 70s rock really loud and singing along). Sometimes the quiet approach works better, and sometimes letting it all out works better.

Comment

Hold your breath and count to 100,000,000.

More seriously, breath deeply from the diaphragm, and count breaths off to ten.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I overcame my chronic depression by reminding myself that not everything is important. Or rather, not everything that upsets me is important. I started reminding myself to question my feelings (Why am I angry? Should I be angry, or is this just a retarded situation?) After a few years I found that it was much easier to only react to things that were actually problems.

A good baseline for me:
            Stuff can be replaced. If it's not particularly expensive, it's even less of a reason to be upset.
            People can't be changed. If you can't deal with someone, don't.
            You get to choose how you respond to stimuli. Whether something is "good" or "bad" is almost always an issue of "outlook" (not always, but usually).

And if the thing isn't covered by the above three statements, then be upset...because that is also a valid response. Just don't dig yourself deeper

Comment

Aye thanks so much for all the suggestions ^^, it's nothing majorly serious I think it's more to do with the exam season + general pressure etc. but this is all great advice and I'm sure I'll get the unfortunate chance to use it all at some point in the future xS
              Work hard Play hard.
              What is history?

Comment

I experience and am prone to high amounts of stress and anxiety. While going to a quiet place and breathing deeply for a few minutes helps take the edge off of an attack, I have found that I need to to do at least 10-15 minutes of meditation/yoga every day, and that helps make my overall stress level much lower. I am also trying to come to grips with the fact that not everything is under my control, and this doesn't mean that horrible things will happen. In fact, everything just might be ok. That is the hardest thing for me, but I'm working on it.

Comment

I usually try to count to ten like was suggested above or if I am upset just walk away for a few minutes until my anger is settled. If I can, I will meditate for about 10 minutes and talk with Anubis.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                  X