This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuk

I was researching Him for some time. The materials about Him are very lacked. As far as I know Kuk was a god of darkness that was on earth before creation. But Kuk was also the god who gave the first light to earth. When compared to Set or Apep, He doesn't seem to be evil. Or it's just me mind...
    I was thinking about worshiping him, but I first wanted to ask for your opinion about it. What can be the effects of it?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Kuk

Didn't you post this same thing a few weeks ago?
    Circe

Comment

Yeah, I did. It was the beginning of my research. Right now I am hesitating whether I should try to contact him or not...
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

There's no harm in doing so really. The Ogdoad are not evil nor particularly destructive in most cases. They're just very large and hard to really understand, which is a fairly common trait among primordial deities. Kuk is not really comparable to Set nor the lizard, they're completely different kinds of beings. You could try lighting incense for Kuk and meditating, maybe reciting a hymn or two (if you can find any).
        Circe

Comment

Thanks, I'll try. Hm...
          There is so little info about the Ogdoad... I know that there are 8 of them and they are divided into 4 pairs. 4 of them are frog headed, and the other 4 are snake headed.
          Kuk is one of the frog headed Ogdoad.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I right this far?

Comment

Correct. The males of the Ogdoad are all depicted with frog heads and the women have snake heads. There are four concepts the Ogdoad personify are hidden things, darkness, water, and infinity which are represented by Amun and Amaunet, Kuk and Kauket, Nu and Naunet, and Huh and Hauhet, respectively. They're each masculine and feminine personifications of these concepts. They're rarely worshiped but possessed some temples, primarily in Hermopolis and their worship was most common in the Old Kingdom.
            Circe

Comment

Working...
            X