This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and Strange Identity Question

Hello! I'm Chris, and I am Pagan. Nothing complex, no pigeonholing into an oddly specific sub-genre of spirituality. Just Pagan.

Which brings me to my point- does anyone else feel the same way I do? There are so many different Pagan belief systems and ideas, and many seem to want to fall into one of them. And hey, that's great! Do what feels best for you. But personally, I just don't identify with any other term than Pagan.

If I described my exact beliefs, it would probably fit best into a Wiccan frame, but I just really don't identify with the term Wiccan. I don't practice any sort of magic and I'm certainly a hard polytheist, and I'm still on the discovery of exploring myself and my faith as to who the Gods that are calling me are. I just feel... Pagan. That's all. Does anyone feel what I'm saying here?

I'm still on the great journey of discovering myself and more about my beliefs, and the community here seems wonderful, so I believe I'll be returning. Or at least I hope so!

Re: Introduction and Strange Identity Question

Welcome to the forum Chris!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_pagan View Post
      Hello! I'm Chris, and I am Pagan. Nothing complex, no pigeonholing into an oddly specific sub-genre of spirituality. Just Pagan.

Which brings me to my point- does anyone else feel the same way I do? There are so many different Pagan belief systems and ideas, and many seem to want to fall into one of them. And hey, that's great! Do what feels best for you. But personally, I just don't identify with any other term than Pagan.

If I described my exact beliefs, it would probably fit best into a Wiccan frame, but I just really don't identify with the term Wiccan. I don't practice any sort of magic and I'm certainly a hard polytheist, and I'm still on the discovery of exploring myself and my faith as to who the Gods that are calling me are. I just feel... Pagan. That's all. Does anyone feel what I'm saying here?

I'm still on the great journey of discovering myself and more about my beliefs, and the community here seems wonderful, so I believe I'll be returning. Or at least I hope so!
      Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!
      It takes time to explore the whole place of Paganism. Don't worry about it.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by chris_pagan View Post

Hi there

I am new to this forum, too. And I find that, as long as I have been "other than Christian", I have felt in much the same way as you state. I believe that there are many gods. And that each are individual, though there are overlapping aspects. And even if I tend to honor one more than any other, all the gods and goddesses should be acknowledged and respected. I have a definite Wiccan flavor with my heart cleaving to the Goddess ... but I do not perform magic(k), nor do I cleave to other things that Wiccans do.

I have also been very solitary until now ... it has only been recently that I have felt the pull to find community with others of like mind.

Comment

Welcome!And yeah, I think its completely normal.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I think you're stance is a lot more common than you think, I'm in the same boat (though I want to find a grouping, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon) and I now of a couple of others who are similar ^^
            Work hard Play hard.
            What is history?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi, and welcome! No need to search out labels and put yourself into a box. Pagans needn't practice magick at all. You sound like more of a spiritual individual to me. That's just fine -there are many who share similar beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                X