Thread: Users of crystals

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Spiritual Humanist Atheist
    Phrase
    The cake is a lie

Users of crystals

Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to pose this question and it probably sounds really noobish but is a genuine question.

For those that use gemstones and crystals...when you do use them...do you experience anything in particular or is much like moving around rocks or something?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things

Re: Users of crystals

I get energies.

As in anything, I believe you get out of it what you put into it, if you just expect it to be like moving around rocks, that's all you'll get.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Oct 2012
    Religion
    pragmatic monism
    Phrase
    "Everything not forbidden is compulsory" - TH White

Heka touched on what I believe is at the center of any tool: it is not so much the tool itself as the user's theory of the tool. From that standpoint, deciding when and how to work with crystals and rocks, means deciding what your relationship with them is, and placing that in the context of how you perceive your and their relationship with the rest of life.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Jan 2014
    Religion
    air witch

when I use crystals I can focus and feel a subtle energy from it. each crystal has its own presence.

Apr 2014
    Religion
    Pantheistic Pagan

When I use crystals, I usually hold them in my hand or place them on my third eye and pay attention to how different stones make me feel.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

Quote Originally Posted by dgirl1986 View Post
    Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to pose this question and it probably sounds really noobish but is a genuine question.

For those that use gemstones and crystals...when you do use them...do you experience anything in particular or is much like moving around rocks or something?
    I'm the same as Heka. I get energies and vibratory changes to my energies. Some are more obvious than others.

Also... crystals ARE rocks. And moving around rocks feels much the same to me.... boring old granite has an energy and an effect on our own energies... it's just that most people don't bother getting to know it, largely because it's not pretty or exotic. If I went outside and started moving around some rocks I would tell you the same thing... I get energies and vibratory changes to my energies.

I'm an animist and work with landvaettir and overarching parent spirits... so I have some beliefs and practices with crystals that you wont find in most books about crystals or crystal healing. For me, the thing with rocks and crystals is that they don't actually all have much energy left in them. Some of them are 'dead', so to speak. I have picked up stones in New Age stores that had less energy and feel to them than the pebbles outside the store. To me, there is a small amount of energy and vibratory effect that comes from the geological makeup of the stone itself (along with the colour of it and the placebo effect), but what makes a stone an effective tool for influencing your energy (and what makes it 'alive') is the residual piece of the spirit of the rock, or of the landspirit, from it's place of origin. They don't all retain a piece of that, and sometimes the piece that they do retain is bitter and unhelpful. To me there is a great deal more to stones than what the Crystal Bible has to say about it's meaning.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    pagan ,Celtic influences.

yep each stone type has it's own energy. regardless of how rare or common it is. and it depends on the type of stone and each individual stone. and more importantly how it effects you. hematite for example will have different effects on various people. some will react very positive while others negative and to the point a person will feel sick from going near it.

other types of lightheadness ,drunken type behavior, or emotionally giddiness can occur when your root chakras is blocked and you are using a higher energy stone like prasiolite(green amethyst),selenite, certain charged quartz crystals and rose quartz. as these will stimulate a crown imbalance.

crystal books can say so much while others will give wrong info. like for example one book will say blue stones in general are passive. I found lapis lazuli to be very aggressive at times.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

I don't really have a lot to add here, my brain is super-fuzzy right now.

The only crystal I ever really use is clear quartz, but I do use a lot of rocks (yes, rocks I pick up off the street or from the sea or fields). I find they "speak" to me more than crystals and other fancy stones ever have.

I've heard varying things from varying people regarding specific stone species and their qualities (to some, quartz feels like it brings calm and clarity where to others it feels overwhelmingly chaotic). Keeping that in mind, my advice would be to actually go out and hold the stones you're interested in. Don't buy online, find a shop and pick through the ones that you're drawn to. Keep your own notes, and trust your own judgment. Don't be afraid to go against the books if you're experiencing something different from the texts.

Your "needs" regarding energy work will be different from that of others. For example, I find it extremely hard to stay grounded in my day-to-day life so for me the dull toned, non-polished, "earthy" rocks do more for me than lighter-colored and "higher"-energy stones.

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Spiritual Humanist Atheist
    Phrase
    The cake is a lie

The reason I ask is because I once conducted a test. I took some stones out to
    my mother who has no idea on these things. I said hold this and tell me what you
    feel, expecting her to just describe the texture of the stone. Instead she gave
    me a weird look and said they made her hand warm and tingly. I went into my
    sisters room (who was about 14 at the time) and did the same thing. She reported
    the same thing. However the most I got was this weird achy feeling. Can I say
    that I am jealous lol.
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things
    Quote Originally Posted by dgirl1986 View Post
    The reason I ask is because I once conducted a test. I took some stones out to
    my mother who has no idea on these things. I said hold this and tell me what you
    feel, expecting her to just describe the texture of the stone. Instead she gave
    me a weird look and said they made her hand warm and tingly. I went into my
    sisters room (who was about 14 at the time) and did the same thing. She reported
    the same thing. However the most I got was this weird achy feeling. Can I say
    that I am jealous lol.
    Work on that achy feeling. Its still an achy feeling. Try different stones, maybe your body doesn't like that particular rock
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder