Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Users of crystals

Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to pose this question and it probably sounds really noobish but is a genuine question.

For those that use gemstones and crystals...when you do use them...do you experience anything in particular or is much like moving around rocks or something?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Users of crystals

I get energies.

As in anything, I believe you get out of it what you put into it, if you just expect it to be like moving around rocks, that's all you'll get.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Heka touched on what I believe is at the center of any tool: it is not so much the tool itself as the user's theory of the tool. From that standpoint, deciding when and how to work with crystals and rocks, means deciding what your relationship with them is, and placing that in the context of how you perceive your and their relationship with the rest of life.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

when I use crystals I can focus and feel a subtle energy from it. each crystal has its own presence.

Comment

When I use crystals, I usually hold them in my hand or place them on my third eye and pay attention to how different stones make me feel.

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
            Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to pose this question and it probably sounds really noobish but is a genuine question.

For those that use gemstones and crystals...when you do use them...do you experience anything in particular or is much like moving around rocks or something?
            I'm the same as Heka. I get energies and vibratory changes to my energies. Some are more obvious than others.

Also... crystals ARE rocks. And moving around rocks feels much the same to me.... boring old granite has an energy and an effect on our own energies... it's just that most people don't bother getting to know it, largely because it's not pretty or exotic. If I went outside and started moving around some rocks I would tell you the same thing... I get energies and vibratory changes to my energies.

I'm an animist and work with landvaettir and overarching parent spirits... so I have some beliefs and practices with crystals that you wont find in most books about crystals or crystal healing. For me, the thing with rocks and crystals is that they don't actually all have much energy left in them. Some of them are 'dead', so to speak. I have picked up stones in New Age stores that had less energy and feel to them than the pebbles outside the store. To me, there is a small amount of energy and vibratory effect that comes from the geological makeup of the stone itself (along with the colour of it and the placebo effect), but what makes a stone an effective tool for influencing your energy (and what makes it 'alive') is the residual piece of the spirit of the rock, or of the landspirit, from it's place of origin. They don't all retain a piece of that, and sometimes the piece that they do retain is bitter and unhelpful. To me there is a great deal more to stones than what the Crystal Bible has to say about it's meaning.

Comment

yep each stone type has it's own energy. regardless of how rare or common it is. and it depends on the type of stone and each individual stone. and more importantly how it effects you. hematite for example will have different effects on various people. some will react very positive while others negative and to the point a person will feel sick from going near it.

other types of lightheadness ,drunken type behavior, or emotionally giddiness can occur when your root chakras is blocked and you are using a higher energy stone like prasiolite(green amethyst),selenite, certain charged quartz crystals and rose quartz. as these will stimulate a crown imbalance.

crystal books can say so much while others will give wrong info. like for example one book will say blue stones in general are passive. I found lapis lazuli to be very aggressive at times.
              Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

I don't really have a lot to add here, my brain is super-fuzzy right now.

The only crystal I ever really use is clear quartz, but I do use a lot of rocks (yes, rocks I pick up off the street or from the sea or fields). I find they "speak" to me more than crystals and other fancy stones ever have.

I've heard varying things from varying people regarding specific stone species and their qualities (to some, quartz feels like it brings calm and clarity where to others it feels overwhelmingly chaotic). Keeping that in mind, my advice would be to actually go out and hold the stones you're interested in. Don't buy online, find a shop and pick through the ones that you're drawn to. Keep your own notes, and trust your own judgment. Don't be afraid to go against the books if you're experiencing something different from the texts.

Your "needs" regarding energy work will be different from that of others. For example, I find it extremely hard to stay grounded in my day-to-day life so for me the dull toned, non-polished, "earthy" rocks do more for me than lighter-colored and "higher"-energy stones.

Comment

The reason I ask is because I once conducted a test. I took some stones out to
                  my mother who has no idea on these things. I said hold this and tell me what you
                  feel, expecting her to just describe the texture of the stone. Instead she gave
                  me a weird look and said they made her hand warm and tingly. I went into my
                  sisters room (who was about 14 at the time) and did the same thing. She reported
                  the same thing. However the most I got was this weird achy feeling. Can I say
                  that I am jealous lol.
                  There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

my mother who has no idea on these things. I said hold this and tell me what you
                    sisters room (who was about 14 at the time) and did the same thing. She reported
                    that I am jealous lol.
                    Work on that achy feeling. Its still an achy feeling. Try different stones, maybe your body doesn't like that particular rock
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      I've heard varying things from varying people regarding specific stone species and their qualities (to some, quartz feels like it brings calm and clarity where to others it feels overwhelmingly chaotic). Keeping that in mind, my advice would be to actually go out and hold the stones you're interested in. Don't buy online, find a shop and pick through the ones that you're drawn to. Keep your own notes, and trust your own judgment. Don't be afraid to go against the books if you're experiencing something different from the texts.

Your "needs" regarding energy work will be different from that of others. For example, I find it extremely hard to stay grounded in my day-to-day life so for me the dull toned, non-polished, "earthy" rocks do more for me than lighter-colored and "higher"-energy stones.
                      This.

The energy of the stones works to create change in our own energy field... which is why different people can get different things from the same stone. If you are a naturally grounded person, then something like Hematite may ground you further and actually create an imbalance, which can make you feel heavy and tired and blergh. But if you have trouble grounding, it can be a wonderfully stablilising stone that makes you feel grounded and clear headed. IT'S energy is the same... it's YOUR energy that is different. It's the interaction between the stone's energy and your energy that creates the 'feeling' and 'benefit' of the stone.

Stones from the ground are generally more likely to be 'alive' than crystals from the store. New Age store crystals are usually mined and mass produced... not to mention often irradiated, dyed or heat treated. Stones off the ground are naturally shed and still connected to the landspirits.

Having said that, I have a collection of bought stones and crystals, both raw and tumbled, that are all 'alive' to me. I have a process for buying stones that means that I only come away with those that actively speak to me. Sometimes I want to get a particular type of stone, but don't because none of the stones in the pot are 'right'. Sometimes I walk into a store and walk right back out, because all their stones are 'dead'. I refuse to buy online... if I can't meet the stone first then it's not worth it.

that I am jealous lol.
                      Don't be jealous. Different people feel energy in different ways. A weird achy feeling is still a feeling, just as Heka said. You ARE feeling it's energy. Just because you don't feel it in the same way doesn't mean that you aren't feeling it. Heka is absolutely right... work on that achy feeling. If that's how your body reacts to external energy then that's how it reacts. Work with it rather than resenting it. Being jealous and wishing it was different will get you exactly nowhere.

Comment

When you go into a shop and buy a crystal, look for 3 things

1. The one(s) you are immediately drawn to by eye
                        2. How they feel
                        3. Is one stronger than the other?

Each individual crystal will have very slight differences in its vibrational energy, you just need to spend time finding ones that resonate with your own energy. Your own vibrations may change for various reasons, so don't be alarmed if one day a crystal feels different to you.

Another thing you can do is to cleanse the crystal using water or rice, then tune it to your own energy, or to cleanse yourself (through meditations or grounding yourself or rituals etc)

Sometimes a type of crystal just won't work for you, you could pick up every one of that stone in the store and feel nothing, these things take time. Me and malachite just don't work together. Just take time to find crystals/stones that work for you
                        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

that I am jealous lol.
                          Similar first experience. I think it was 1986, backpacking in the Smoky Mountains. After setting up camp a guy showed up wearing shorts, old tennis shoes without laces, and a nondescript t-shirt. His hair was neither long nor short and brown. He greeted us warmly and we asked if he wanted some tea, coffee, or a snack. He had no pack nor a discernible place to squirrel something away. He said no thanks and then opened his hands to reveal two palm sized amethyst crystals saying, "These are my energy." At this time in my life I was a strongly convinced agnostic hedonist, so I was indifferent. We sat and began to visit and he asked if we wanted to hold his crystals. My partner declined, but I said sure. As I held them they became very warm and it began to seem as if I could feel every atom around me breathing. Hard to describe it. I handed them back to him feeling somewhat lightheaded and giddy. As he wrapped his hands around them his eyes lit up and he said, "Thank you!" and left. About 10 minutes later a large black bear ambled into camp. Maybe that's just coincidence, but the fact that I still wonder speaks to the power of the experience. Next thing you know I was reading Lao Tzu. And so.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                            When you go into a shop and buy a crystal, look for 3 things

1. The one(s) you are immediately drawn to by eye
                            2. How they feel
                            3. Is one stronger than the other?

Each individual crystal will have very slight differences in its vibrational energy, you just need to spend time finding ones that resonate with your own energy. Your own vibrations may change for various reasons, so don't be alarmed if one day a crystal feels different to you.
                            When I was out with my gf last friday I actually had a different experience with a chunk of rought rose quartz. Instead of the heavy achey feeling I had a warm fuzzy feeling in my hand lol.

William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              I'm an animist and work with landvaettir and overarching parent spirits... so I have some beliefs and practices with crystals that you wont find in most books about crystals or crystal healing. For me, the thing with rocks and crystals is that they don't actually all have much energy left in them. Some of them are 'dead', so to speak. I have picked up stones in New Age stores that had less energy and feel to them than the pebbles outside the store. To me, there is a small amount of energy and vibratory effect that comes from the geological makeup of the stone itself (along with the colour of it and the placebo effect), but what makes a stone an effective tool for influencing your energy (and what makes it 'alive') is the residual piece of the spirit of the rock, or of the landspirit, from it's place of origin. They don't all retain a piece of that, and sometimes the piece that they do retain is bitter and unhelpful. To me there is a great deal more to stones than what the Crystal Bible has to say about it's meaning.
                              I'm not an animist (rather a dabbling hylozoist)...but nearly all of my practices are bioregional, and I second this, wholeheartedly.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X