This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of an animal companion

I found out today that one of the animal companions of my childhood, a quarter Arab, three quarter Welsh Mtn pony, died recently. My parents had sold him to a young woman who worshipped the ground his hooves trod on a few years previously, and she would periodically contact us to report their (ecstatically happy) progress together. We were no longer riding enough to justify keeping him, so as much as we missed him, it was the right choice.
    His death is completely unexpected, and we are all devastated. I would really appreciate some loving thoughts towards his young owner and my family. And some prayers for him finding his way to the next stop. His name was Toppy.
    Many thanks,
    Kiya

Re: Death of an animal companion

My condolences, Kiya. Toppy, you and your family (and the new owner) are in my thoughts.

Comment

I empathize with the feelings of loss you all must be experiencing right now. They are not so much pets as furry family members, and when they go they take little pieces of us with them. My thoughts are with Toppy and his family.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm so sorry hon. It's hard to lose an animal friend. I'll keep you in my prayers.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm sorry, Kiya. Toppy is in my mind. It's hard to lose someone close
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sending big hugs and many blessings... may Toppy awaken to his new pastures in the SUmmerland XX
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm sending out love your way, and to Toppy, and his other owners. I know how it feels to lose a companion when you aren't even around to be with them in the end. <3

Comment

Awww I'm sorry to hear that

Comment

Thanks so very much for your well wishes :-) it means a lot to me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So very sorry to hear this.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                    X