This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Loving Memory of Klo

A little over a a month ago, I found an abandoned kitten. She was crawling around the doghouse in the morning. I thought it was strange, seeing a kitten so young clawing around, crawling everywhere. As always, I left it alone; a baby creature is better off with it's mother. That evening around 11, she had made her way to the side of our house by the stairs. She was still mewling pitifully, so I went out to assist her. I put her with the few mother cats we had, but none of them had any kittens that young, therefore they ignored her, or took a swipe at her. Instinctively, I took her into the house, got her a little box with cloth, and set her on top of a heating pad, and fed her a bit of milk, and a few drops of water to keep her well hydrated until I could buy her formula that next morning.
    A week later, she was doing really well. I named her Klotyldia early on for her impossible fighting spirit. c: She was a little wolverine, not a kitten, I swear. She was very healthy, but even so, I itched to take her to a vet. I had no money to do so, and my parents didn't either. I found it strange that her eyes hadn't opened after a week and a half, so I called a friend , who is a certified vet assistant. His only instruction was the thing I couldn't do: take her to the vet. A day later, she lost her perkiness, and her noisiness. She became very sleepy, and wouldn't wake up at her feeding times. She stopped eating, and by 2 am was crying out in body wrenching pain. She woke up my parents with her crying, and my mother took her downstairs away from me for a while, because I had gone into hysterics. By this point, Klo was my baby. I couldn't stand to see her in such pain. She was limp and crying, and her jaw was slack. After my friend had calmed me down a bit, I came downstairs because I had a bad feeling. My mother handed her to me. Her heart was still beating, and she was breathing feebly, too exhausted to cry anymore. I felt overwhelmed with the guilt of not holding her for those two hours she struggled between her fighting spirit, and her letting the pain go. She freed her spirit not too long after I held her to my heart. That used to be the only way I could get her to sleep; to let her hear my heartbeat.
    Long story short, even though she's been gone for a while, I'm still struggling every day, and I'd like some soothing prayers and advice. I've never lost a pet I've been this close to.
    Thank you.

Re: In Loving Memory of Klo

Awww I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is horrible. Thoughts are with you

Comment

Working...
    X