Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep question

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post

Oh...and this is completely the wrong place for it but I'm lazy - while you're deciding to follow through or put me in my place, could you check and see why I can't give Karma (again)?
    Are you trying to rep a person you recently repped? I think you have to rep at least one other person first. I think I recently tweaked it to reduce it to one. I'm at work so I can't check right now, though.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: The High and Mighty PF Staff

Nope, I've looked a bunch of times since I came back - figured it may have been due to my post count, but I'm pretty sure I've got enough posts in enough proper boards to count. I don't see the buttons or anything - haven't for as long as I can remember.

- - - Updated - - -

No rush, I have until the Feds come for me...

Comment

Nope, I've looked a bunch of times since I came back - figured it may have been due to my post count, but I'm pretty sure I've got enough posts in enough proper boards to count. I don't see the buttons or anything - haven't for as long as I can remember.

- - - Updated - - -

No rush, I have until the Feds come for me...
      What style background are you using? Some make it virtually impossible to see the buttons to rep people. (Mint, I think, is one.)
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The default, but I'm a computer guy - I've checked the usual suspects already Elements like that will show up when highlighted and that was one of the first things I tried - no bueno. This happened to me once before in the past - it had to do with my group memberships because they had to be juggled quite a bit when I wasn't in charge anymore. I remember Chain (the aforementioned dwar-- er...midget) fixed it for me once before, but I think that might have been before the crash.

ANYWAY Thanks for the suggestion - I'm certainly open to any others. I'm pretty conversant with SMF though and am fairly certain it's an Admin fix

Comment

Re: Rep question

I've gone ahead and split the Rep question from the other thread.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Just to make sure it isn't just the version of the site. If you are using mint - like I am - you will find it in the lower left corner of a post, to the right of where it says "Promote to Article". Shows up like a Sheriff's star. You can see whet version you're using at the bottom of the page. Usually.
            I had a devil of a time finding that button myself. If you've already been there and done that, just ignore me.
            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I sent a PM but just so everyone else wondering is also aware, the setting for Rep clicks is at TWO now at ONE other member before someone can give rep to the same person again.

A little more detail, though, would hep define what the problem actually is. Missing icon? Error message? Gone blind?

EDIT: Made a change in the Admin settings to reflect Juni's thoughts.
              Last edited by ChainLightning; 27 Jun 2014, 12:02.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Gone blind...some freakin IT guy I am.

Ignore the man behind the curtain...he's a stoner.

Comment

Gone blind...some freakin IT guy I am.

Ignore the man behind the curtain...he's a stoner.

Does that mean you were looking for it in the wrong place?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does. And it means that despite my checks, I STILL missed it.

I can only attribute it to it not being all that important

Comment

Working...
                    X