This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings fellow pagans!

My name is Thrudr, 26 years old from the Netherlands. I first learned about witchcraft when I was 15 years old and my aunt gave me a nice book about it. Since then I have read a lot about witchcraft and other pagan religions. I rather call myself a pagan than a witch, because during my spiritual journey I found my own religious path, including aspects from several pagan religions. And I'm still learning!

I joined this forum, because I don't have a lot of pagan friends. In fact, many of my friends are atheists and are not very open to conversations about religion. So I hope to meet some people to talk about that here.
    (Please forgive any grammar flaws, since English is not my first language. Feel free to correct my writing :=)

Re: Greetings fellow pagans!

Welcome

So far so good with the grammar, etc., too. I'm not sure some of the native English speakers I've met could do as well. A large percentage of the forum members here are American, so if you run into a phrase or term that's confusing, please ask!
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to the forums ! I hope to see you around.
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

greetings!!!

Comment

Hello Thrudr! I'm new here too. But you'll like it here. I know I do.

Comment

Welcome! Same reason I joined really. A lot of my friends are not interested in discussing such things.

Comment

Welcome to Pagan Forum!
                You are not the only one who joined because of this reason. People are friendly and open minded here - it's a very good place to talk about your faith.
                Don't worry about your English. There are people here from all over the world. Most are from USA. English is not my first language either

Enjoy your stay!
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  I too joined the forum largely because I was looking for other pagans. There are very few, if any, pagans around the area where I live, so the internet served as a good tool.

I hope you enjoy your time with us! :3

Comment

Welcome to the PF, and never fear, we're a pretty open-minded lot.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!
                          I know how you feel with not having any Pagan friends- I have no one who shares my beliefs in my town. Thankfully you have forums like this where you'll be able to meet and talk to like-minded people.

One thing to definitely look into is Pagan Pride days. They're becoming more and more common today, and I'm not sure if they're popular internationally, but I know almost every US state has one. I thought I was completely alone, but I learned that there's a Pagan group only 45 minutes away from me, and that there's an enormous festival all for Pagans just half an hour from my house! I can't wait to attend my first Pagan Pride day just to find people who are on the same path as me. I wish you well on your path and hope you meet others like you sometime

Comment

Working...
                          X