Second Life >_>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Life >_>

How many of you PFians have a Second Life account? How many of you know what Second Life even is? Well, I play on there when I can. I've visited Hogwarts a few times just for giggles, and RP'd in Gor (based off of the John Norman counter-earth series which, while very detailed, was horribly written) and various other places. Right now, I'm at the Chateau de Roissy, and I was a model for a while.

What do you guys do with your Second Life, if you have one? hehe.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Second Life >_>

What are you talking about??

Comment

[quote author=Illumin link=topic=980.msg17978#msg17978 date=1290932494]
      What are you talking about??
      [/quote]

Oh sorry. Please excuse my blond moment: www.secondlife.com
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I have a Second Life account... but I haven't logged into it in 4 or 5 years.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Since it is Role-play I wouldn't be taking part. I found out a few years ago that I get too involved in roleplay. X
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=980.msg17993#msg17993 date=1290936125]
            I have a Second Life account... but I haven't logged into it in 4 or 5 years.
            [/quote]
            Same. Only Maybe 2-3 years for me.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My Wife and i used to play it too, she would played it for a couple of years before me. We both used to work at various clubs in out time, she dancing and me DJing. we had a plat of land and were working 2 or 3 nights a week to pay for the rent.

Not been on again for a couple of years though.

M
              In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Rezzing this thread since I just recently started logging in again. Anyone else do Second Life?

For those that maybe have been playing for a while, are there any decent Pagan hangouts in there?
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                Sneak Attack

Comment

I've never played. Or maybe I have once, just to see what it was. If so, it must not have left a lasting impression. I like online games, but I don't like feeling like I need to do anything, so I tend not to start. I think some of them are addictive the way gambling is addictive and can be unhealthy. As long as I can walk away easily and not feel as if I have to go back and finish some quest or whatever when I really need to be doing something else, then I'll play.
                  A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

I played this for a few months but my hubby is really into it. He was part of a vampire/werewolf clan for a long time, until the clan broke down. I think they might be trying to pull it back together every now and then, but it's not working to well because the major contributors had had enough and they needed their $$$ to keep it going or something like that. I'll ask him if he knows of any good places though.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I have been on SL since it launched, don't have my founder account anymore though. It has gone through terrible and good changes, mostly terrible. I have like seven avatars on there, don't do anything anymore really. I used to build and own a shop. The changes make this difficult. It's good for what it is, but theres not a lot of hangouts that arnt full of sex crazed wankers anymore. It's a good idea, but sadly under developed, they were big when IBM and so on had a stake in em, now most of the sims are ghost towns.

Comment

I don't like the game myself.

Never played it really, but whenever I google "Biker apparel" I get a bunch of pictures of second life characters wearing skin tight leather jackets and skinny jeans and then text saying "Outlaw biker clothes. Ha. No bikers dress like that, ever.

Just one of my peeves.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I got this from google images biker apparel
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

yep that is sl summed up

Comment

I joined SL about 6 years ago and didn't like it - I eventually deleted the whole thing from my computer. Too many weirdos trying to harass me. But I gotta say, those "biker" pics don't look half bad right about now! LOL
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              I joined SL about 6 years ago and didn't like it - I eventually deleted the whole thing from my computer. Too many weirdos trying to harass me. But I gotta say, those "biker" pics don't look half bad right about now! LOL
                              I did the same, Hawk. Joined about 6 years ago and wasn't impressed so I forgot about it. 6 years later, I find out some friends of mine started playing it so I gave it another shot. It's actually quite fun now. But I also stay away from crowded areas. XD Mainly hang out in my friend's sim and visit a few clubs (one is for karaoke!)
                              Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                              X