This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy herbs to grow

I want to look into herbalism but i have a black thumb and kill most plants so what is literately the easiest herb to grow:=L:

Re: easy herbs to grow

mint and sage are pretty easy...

the trick is to read about what the specific plant needs from its environment and make that happen.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Lavender! It's the staple of any herb garden. I have two plants in my garden that I bought last year. They survived our -22 degree winter and are coming back just fine. Parsley, oregano, and catnip are pretty hardy, too. And I can't even grow a Chia Pet.

Comment

You know what, I'm really awful at growing plants, too... so I started foraging for herbs and such instead. Not an option for everyone, I know, but it might be something to consider. As far as growing herbs, I did have a lot of luck with basil, garlic, and chives. They were all very easy to grow.
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Rosemary is very hardy
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Mint, Thyme, Lemon balm and sage are all very hardy and difficult to kill. Just make sure not to over water sage and they're decently hard to kill. Really anything in the mint family is a good beginner plant. Mint and Lemon balm are both in the mint family and they can actually spread fairly fast if they're not paid attention to.
            Circe

Comment

Don't plant mint directly in the garden, if you're in a damp climate - you'll never get rid of it.

2/3 of my lawn is mint. If smells spiffy when I mow.

(Michigan is a major supplier of mint oil)
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Don't plant mint directly in the garden, if you're in a damp climate - you'll never get rid of it.

2/3 of my lawn is mint. If smells spiffy when I mow.

(Michigan is a major supplier of mint oil)
                She asked for things that are difficult to kill If it descends on you like a pleasantly smelling plague which invades every corner of your life, then it's pretty hardy.
                but yeah, put them in a barrel or a bigger pot above ground or a window box or something
                Circe

Comment

Oh yeah...

Unlike zombies, you can't kill it by shooting it in the head...

And there is a lot to be said for a lawn that smells like toothpaste
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X