X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expectations in SO Relationships

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Its harder to take back the spoken word. But I don't know why you'd bother. Sounds boring.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, hon'. It isn't taking back the spoken word but, as TS explained with accidentally hitting post instead of cancel, there's a time or two when it may have been better to think twice and just forgo the speaking part.

"Does my ass look big, in these jeans?" I think it looks hot!
    "Well, thank you, but I mean do these jeans make my ass like fat??" No, honey. They kind of hide that fact, actually, being so tight, like that.

Oops. Shoulda left it at "no, honey." I mighta got laid that night, if I had just thought twice about following up with more detail.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      Oh, don't get me wrong, hon'. It isn't taking back the spoken word but, as TS explained with accidentally hitting post instead of cancel, there's a time or two when it may have been better to think twice and just forgo the speaking part.

"Does my ass look big, in these jeans?" I think it looks hot!
      "Well, thank you, but I mean do these jeans make my ass like fat??" No, honey. They kind of hide that fact, actually, being so tight, like that.

Oops. Shoulda left it at "no, honey." I mighta got laid that night, if I had just thought twice about following up with more detail.
      Thinking twice takes effort though.

And that situation is so over done, that if you got yourself into it, you deserve to not get laid.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thinking twice takes effort though.
        No. Actually. It doesn't. Thinking is the easy part.

What takes effort is convincing myself that certain things are better left unsaid.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

No. Actually. It doesn't. Thinking is the easy part.

What takes effort is convincing myself that certain things are better left unsaid.
          Nah, cos my mouth works faster than my brain. It'd be going against my nature. That is not easy.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Nah, cos my mouth works faster than my brain. It'd be going against my nature. That is not easy.
            Oh. Well shit. I have the opposite problem. My mouth can't keep up with my brain. Sorry.

Comment

Oh. Well shit. I have the opposite problem. My mouth can't keep up with my brain. Sorry.
              It's all good I'm really bad at thinking before I speak. I often blurt something out, then realise belatedly that it was super inappropriate.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment