Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Divinity(s) or Spirit(s) do you feel most connected to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Divinity(s) or Spirit(s) do you feel most connected to?

I find myself having the closet connection with the Dark Goddesses, especially Hekate. I feel her in the dead of night, radiating from the moon's sky. She is the wind that flicks my hair as I lie under the starlit ocean of night. Her power is both overwhelming and orgasmic when you feel her presence. She is the embodiment of the feminine, and her traits are so sacred to me. There are many Goetic Divinities I feel close to, but generally I feel connected to deities who embody the Divine Feminine and Dark Goddesses i.e., Lilith, Mother Goddess, Tiamat.
    Last edited by thalassa; 16 Jul 2014, 07:46. Reason: formatting removed

Re: Which Divinity(s) or Spirit(s) do you feel most connected to?

Water deities/entities, and deities/entities that represent those features that best correspond with my bioregion.

Also...I know folks like to customize posts with colored signatures, but its something we ask members not to do wholesale. Mods here (when doing official business--like now) write in green and admins (when doing official business) write in red to show their officialdom, when they need to use it. We are pretty adamant about using the default font color here, as a point of courtesy to people that choose other themes (where some colors show up worse than others) or have old eyes. Its okay to illustrate a point or get attention to a sentance or a word, occasionally even a paragraph...but please, not the whole post! Thanks!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

It's gonna sounds strange, perhaps very strange to some users. But I am mostly connected to deities that I can actually build a [older brother/sister or parent]-mentor bond. No matter whether they are light or neutral. I just can't stand only a "mentor-student" relationship if there is nothing personal in it.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

For myself - the most obvious is Satan. My Guide, Glasya-Labolas, Eisheth Zenunim and my familiar, Maguith. There are many others, but I have the strongest sense of connection with those.

Comment

Until recently I worked with various feminine deities, like Lillith and Brigid, but for some reason Loki has taken a shine to me. I suppose I'm eclectic in the truest sense of word, I just go where the currents take me and finish the journey or lesson I am given by whoever calls me at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            For myself - the most obvious is Satan. My Guide, Glasya-Labolas, Eisheth Zenunim and my familiar, Maguith. There are many others, but I have the strongest sense of connection with those.
            I'm curious about the nature of Satan. I've heard that he has a very positive, powerful energy about him.

Comment

Hermes.

He's da bomb.

Utterly mad, and fun to boot.

Beware - he really is dangerous...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've felt a connection with several.
                And they all seem to have traits of Shamanism, Death, Poetry and madness. Not all of those at combined though. Each for their own reasons.
                Odin, Frejya, The Morrigan, Loki.

Comment

The Cailleach (Scottish Gaelic), or Carlin (Lowland Scots). She's a crone goddess who rules winter and I can't wait to see her again.

Comment

I have a fondness for Heimdall, sometimes for Tyr but not quite so often. I like what I've seen of Ahura Mazda, certain interpretations of the archangel Michael and when I'm in a benevolent mood YHWH but to say I feel any particularly strong connection to any of the above may be premature.

Comment

The deity I feel something of a connection to, and who was actually the first arguably pagan deities I choose to properly revere, is Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, the God of the Moon and of Night, and I still find myself to be drawn to reverence of him through seeing the beauty of the full-moon in the night sky, the gentleness and coolness of its light, and the calm of night.

That being said, there are a growing number of other Kami I have grown to revere, but I will say that Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto is the one who has, for the longest time, been an influence on my spirituality.

Comment

i wish i knew what it was like to have any kind of connection, with a diety

Comment

I seem to be drawn to rather earthy Nordic deities. Freyr, Gerd, Njord....
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Luna and Rainbow (Vision) Serpent - Rainbow/Vision Serpent in the more South American sense, not the Australian Dreamtime sense... but there's a universality to Rainbow Serpent. She's in South America, She's in Vodou

I'm a hard polytheist, and used to have an eclectic pantheon of patron Gods, Goddesses, spirit guides, totems... But all the others seemed to have bowed out. I feel kind of abandoned, lol. Rainbow Serpent is so insistent. It's like I can feel Her resting Her head on top of mine all the time now.

The really weird thing is how affectionate my real-life snakes have gotten.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Isis and Horus!

- - - Updated - - -

I want to add, though: I've been lazy in my efforts to connect with them as individual deities, rather than what they symbolize (not that there's "really" a difference.) But, I do resonate with those two more than any other.

Comment

Working...
                              X