This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shadow man

So i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I was over at my soon to be ex mother in laws house laying in bed talk to my wife she feel asleep and i was staring at the ceiling fan then the whole room got super cold and silent i mean super silent there was no noise then i seen this thing appear next to my side of the bed it was tall and skinny and made no noise i tried to screa but i couldnt move i woke my wife up cause i was wimpering and as soon as she woke up it floated back to the wall and disappeared. it scared me really bad and it felt like super dense cold air any ideas?

Re: The shadow man

I can't be of much help, except that I've heard of it happening before from a few different people.

The responses tend to range from night terrors and sleep paralysis to a malevolent entity inside the residence. I think it really depends on the person, and I'm in no position to really tell anyone exactly what it was and why it was there.

Hopefully my very basic validation helps a little? I hope someone else here has more thorough information to give than I do.
    Last edited by Willow; 16 Jul 2014, 21:29. Reason: typo

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I used to get that a lot back in high school.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Sleep paralysis.

Classic symptoms.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Did you hear footsteps? Did it speak?
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Also sounds like many of the stories of the Shadow Men, occasionally called black men, who appear at the foot or side of the bed and just watch that I've read about. Though sleep paralysis does fit much of the bill as well as has been suggested.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

yeah i thought it was that too but it moved up from the foot of the bed to right next to me and stood there didnt say anything but it felt bad

Comment

Originally posted by Havicbliss View Post
                yeah i thought it was that too but it moved up from the foot of the bed to right next to me and stood there didnt say anything but it felt bad
                Don't have the link anymore but that is not unheard of either that they move around to "Observe" better. One young sailor I worked with years ago not only would encounter them but swore many times he'd be given sort of a vision that went with them of a tower of some sort.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I would have suggested the Night Mare except it didn't climb on top of you, you didn't feel suffocated, it didn't speak and you didn't hear footsteps. So all in all I think monsno's explanation is probably the best fit.

Comment

yeah i agree with you too although everytime i have had sleep paralysis i dont see anything i just cant move

Comment

Originally posted by Havicbliss View Post
                      yeah i agree with you too although everytime i have had sleep paralysis i dont see anything i just cant move
                      Sleep paralysis is often suggested for all and every night time disturbance. In fact there are many different types, and the Night Mare is a very specific set of criteria, so are Night Terrors.

Often we are more vulnerable when stressed or over-tired.

Comment

yeah that would explain somethings i have had a lot of stress although that instance was isolated and that house does have a habit of turning on lights randomly and turning them off and the feeling of being watched is only in the upstairs of that house and there is a lot of negative energy in that house and i mean alot you can feel it as soon as you enter the house it just feels bad

Comment

I get the EXACT same thing. Only difference is it's shadowy hooded and I'm sleeping and cannot wake up. Horrid negative feelings/energy *shudder*
                          Havent had it since I've gotten my blessed dream catcher though ^_^

Comment

thats a plus i wear a amythest bracelet and it helps

Comment

Working...
                            X