X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?
    That's a hard one for me to answer, because I picked most of mine up via Torey and his books. If you're a Googler, I'd probably start with the Watchers and the Nephilim, and Googling the name of each of the Companions, then follow the trails. Otherwise, Torey has a stack of books (probably some ebooks also) that he references. For the most part you have to back to Jewish myth and tradition rather than stopping at Christian or Catholic Old Testament stuff (which a lot of people do, out of lack of direction), then branch out into the Apocrypha. But for the purposes of some background info for a reread... Google is probably sufficient.

Also... ask Torey stuff. He loves it.

And that reminds me... he has some essays he wrote about the Four Queens somewhere... hopefully they were backed up and we didn't lose them when the laptop was stolen, but if so I'm pretty sure he'd posted them at another forum... when he gets home I'll make sure he sees this. He might be willing to post them up or PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
      Strange question, does Satan have any qualms about dating/ marrying Christians? Lol.
      Not to my knowledge.

He is actually surprisingly unconcerned with what Christians believe and do in my experience.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Lilith as in Adam's prior wife?

If yes, do the other 3 also have human origin?
      Yes, that Lilith. I also second pretty much everything that Medusa said relative to Lilith. There has, within recent years, been a surge in the number of Neo-Pagans (mostly Neo-Wiccans) claiming a connection with Lilith - not surprisingly, considering she is often viewed as a champion of women due to the lore surrounding her departure from Adam.

Regarding the others, the only other who has (speculative) human origins is Naamah.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.
      lol I've read about 75% of the first book and it was quite sexy - this conversation may just inspire me to read the rest...

The Zohar would be my first recommendation. Genesis: Chapter XXXII

Comment

Not challenging the decision, just confirming the reference. I'm aware of both the lore and Lilith's current popularity. Just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a second figure named Lilith floating around. My greater interest was the second question.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?

Comment

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
            Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?
            There is no one ritual nor is there are requirement for initiation at all. Many choose to self-dedicate through the creation of a pact, just for the sake of theatrics and psychodrama. Others may choose to self-dedicate through a simple ritual and blood offering. If one is being accepted into a group of Theistic Satanists, the requirements of the group may be rather specific. Some Demonolators initiate neophytes through a rather elaborate ritual which involves branding the skin with the sigil of the Patron/Matron Demon.

Comment

It seems to me what gathers attention to theistic Satanism is the ritual aspect. Seems to be very popular among the Pagans in general. I would like to know what percentage of your belief system plays out through actual rituals in your daily life.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                It seems to me what gathers attention to theistic Satanism is the ritual aspect. Seems to be very popular among the Pagans in general. I would like to know what percentage of your belief system plays out through actual rituals in your daily life.
                A very small percentage of my path is ritual. I don't perform rituals daily or even weekly, but when it's merited through circumstance or holy days. When I first began, I performed rituals weekly at the very least.

Now, I think that the decline is due to the fact that interact with my deities through other means such as Shamanic journey and because I am firmly seated in the realisation of my own personal power - something that I no longer need to bolster through psychodrama.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                  It's not horned at all, but is generally that of a normal man. My experience of His appearance is that of a tall, broad-shouldered man with medium-length, black and curly hair with a somewhat dark complexion and dark eyes. I have wanted to paint His portrait for years now - but I can't really find the inspiration to pick up a brush again.
                  This intrigues me. Of all my Gods, Satan is the only one that hasn't shown me a humanoid appearance. He manifests himself as a red smoky mist. Very powerful energy.

I would be delighted to see the outcome of such portrait.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Hi Im wondering if anyone on here can help me.

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.)

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well.

I am interested in starting my life over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are no excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me.

Thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.) I tried to do a blood pact with my altar facing north.(which i thought was for Lucifer. And also did the rituals on the joy of satan website with my altar facing north but i got my directions mixed up when calling upon entities.

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well. -(i also used the same altar and placed it south ward for Satan.

I am interested in starting my life Over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are NO excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i DO understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me......

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by BeginnerNewbie View Post

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.)

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well.

I am interested in starting my life over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are no excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me.

Thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.) I tried to do a blood pact with my altar facing north.(which i thought was for Lucifer. And also did the rituals on the joy of satan website with my altar facing north but i got my directions mixed up when calling upon entities.

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well. -(i also used the same altar and placed it south ward for Satan.

I am interested in starting my life Over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are NO excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i DO understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me......

Thankyou.
                      I've just now seen this post.

Perhaps it would be better to have created this as a separate thread.

That being said, what you've said here is far too vague. You mention that you "did some directions incorrectly" and set up your altar "wrong". If the instructions were from the JoS website, what are the "rituals" that you tried to undertake and how did you, in your words, perform them incorrectly?

Without knowing what you did "wrong" and what any potential consequences were, I can't comment further.

Comment

Looking for more information on the demon Furfur. Links, books, what it's like to work with him, would he mind if I worked with him and a celtic (Welsh deity) anything really. Already read the standard wiki and goetic entries.
                        Please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by minty View Post
                          Looking for more information on the demon Furfur. Links, books, what it's like to work with him, would he mind if I worked with him and a celtic (Welsh deity) anything really. Already read the standard wiki and goetic entries.
                          Please and thank you.
                          I've not personally worked with Furfur so I can't give you any personal experiences. But one thing that stands out about Furfur to me is that he's said to be a liar unless compelled properly. Now... I wouldn't necessarily take this as absolute fact (and please don't go trying to compel him as instructed!), because we must remember who wrote the Lemegeton and the attitudes that Demons were treated with at the time. I'm not surprised that many of them have a reputation for malice and lies, which modern Demonolators have found to be largely untrue when you approach them with respect. But it does say to me that He is not a Demon to approach lightly or frivolously. I suspect that He is a Demon who requires a proper relationship and genuine commitment in order to give you the time of day. It's possible He has a bit of Trickster about him, and Trickster deities are always a bit tricksy to work with if you don't have experience with them.

Is there a specific reason that you are called to work with Furfur? There are other Goetic Demons who have similar attributes that may be easier to work with. As to whether He will work with a Celtic deity... you'd have to ask Him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                            I've not personally worked with Furfur so I can't give you any personal experiences. But one thing that stands out about Furfur to me is that he's said to be a liar unless compelled properly. Now... I wouldn't necessarily take this as absolute fact (and please don't go trying to compel him as instructed!), because we must remember who wrote the Lemegeton and the attitudes that Demons were treated with at the time. I'm not surprised that many of them have a reputation for malice and lies, which modern Demonolators have found to be largely untrue when you approach them with respect. But it does say to me that He is not a Demon to approach lightly or frivolously. I suspect that He is a Demon who requires a proper relationship and genuine commitment in order to give you the time of day. It's possible He has a bit of Trickster about him, and Trickster deities are always a bit tricksy to work with if you don't have experience with them.

Is there a specific reason that you are called to work with Furfur? There are other Goetic Demons who have similar attributes that may be easier to work with. As to whether He will work with a Celtic deity... you'd have to ask Him that.
                            i have read some books in demonolatry and am familiar with how to respect them. That said, when reading said books and coming across the list of goetic Demons I would find myself drawn to the name. I thought it's the spelling that drew me. I still keep coming across him when doing searches for other entities or other topics. Thought I might as well give in, but also didn't want to give up on what I'm trying to learn elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by minty View Post
                              i have read some books in demonolatry and am familiar with how to respect them. That said, when reading said books and coming across the list of goetic Demons I would find myself drawn to the name. I thought it's the spelling that drew me. I still keep coming across him when doing searches for other entities or other topics. Thought I might as well give in, but also didn't want to give up on what I'm trying to learn elsewhere.
                              Fair enough. The reason I ask is that sometimes people choose Demons to work with based on their sphere of influence... and if that was the case here I'd say that you were probably better off to try one of the other Demons who has the sphere of influence you're after. But if He is calling you then He is calling you and it's good manners to at least answer the phone.

The standard practice for making initial 'contact' is to draw His sigil (from the Lemegeton) on a piece of paper and sleep with it under your pillow. You can then try meditation or trance to see if you can get a clearer signal, so to speak.

Comment

Can anyone on this thread read my thread i just posted and offer any help to my situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X