X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humanism

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
    As you're so interested in science, I'd like to remind you that that's not how science works. You made the positive claim (that is, that there's a failure of our morality in society), so you have the burden of proof to prove it.

Can I think of "social ills"? No. I can think of unfortunate consequences, such as STDs and hate crimes, but every action you do has a possible unfortunate consequence, morality notwithstanding.

Half of the time, you are claiming that society is declining, that we're decadent and that the wimmenz and the queers are making everything fall apart.

The other half, you are asking for scientific proof of religion and an objective viewpoint.

So now I have to ask you: where does your stance on morality and how the world should work come from? There's no such thing as an objective moral standpoint, as it varies from city to state to culture to religion to country and so on. If you were raised with these viewpoints, that's fine, but they're still entirely colored by your opinion and not the objective science facts that you're asking for. You claim that it's a lack of God (which god, you don't specify), but challenge us to prove our own beliefs fact. What you believe is no more valid than what I do just because you believe it.

Which is it? Do you have a subjective standpoint that can't be proved by science, or do you have something to prove your viewpoint fact?
    a. And, what statistics cant you share with us regarding the STD Epidemic which is a fallout from Humanisms affirmation of sexual relativism ?

b. No, not every action carries with it the potential for bad consequences ; we've been given an inherent Moral Conscience to help us choose that which is right to do versus wrong to do. So long as we don't apply our will to suppress that Moral Conscience, then we can expect a life that is filled with protection, wellbeing , prosperity, civility, and be protected from bad consequences. But it means refusing the microwave mentality of getting an immediate pleasure because of an urge and to carefully consider the consequences --- something that our Culture doesn't encourage because our culture including the Mass Media is all about promoting going for the gusto at any cost and....its almost always at great personal cost only its so neatly packaged that its bought hook line and sinker before the consequences hit .

c. If you are a sexual hedonist then there is no better time to be alive with the lack of morals people live by making pleasure their idol. Back in the day, a Man had to work darn at winning the affections of a woman he was interested in --- it usually meant fine dining and endless hours of talking to determine compatibility , trust, and integrity ; today your average 'Man' only need show up on the doorstep to be guaranteed his quest for a copulation . If you hold to a standard of right from wrong and don't suppress your moral conscience, then you see sexual hedonism and other problematic societal ills as never being greater for America than now . Perhaps a local Health Dept. examination of ones crotch for STD's would bring home what im saying since nearly 1 in 3 adult americans currently have at least one STD (Source : CDC, Avert.org , FLC) . Back in the day, there were just a few common ones : Gonnoreah, Sypllis, and Crabs. Today, its estimated there to be over 33 in circulation . 'Just so long as nobody gets hurt' mantra lies to us again.

d. Absolute Moral Laws are something that exist and every human being has them. They don't evolve, they don't come about from what Man decides they are...rather...they are part of the infinite purity and essence of our Creator . While you may desire not to live according to these, we know they are absolute because of your response when you are morally violated by another. Have you noticed that when someone morally violates you, that you act as though there are absolute moral laws , for, you never tell someone whos just been dishonest with you to 'Have a nice day' then walk away. Rather, you protest what he did and typically move to get restitution . Ever notice that when you do something wrong, you try to cover it up so no one else sees ? You wouldn't do this if the action were not absolutely wrong . God has given us all THE MORAL LAW written on our hearts because he didn't want us to harm ourselves, others, and the nation we reside in. In fact, obedience to the Moral Law is required for a civil nation to survive otherwise anarchy results . The Moral Law is NOT my opinion --- it is the reality of everyone of us. The Moral Law is a prescription, and every prescription requires a Prescriber ; that Prescriber is our Creator the very standard of what is really right from wrong otherwise its just ones opinion whether something is wrong or not. If there are no ultimate moral laws, then there is no objective difference between a Hitler and a Mother Theresa...but we know there is . Futher, you couldn't call something 'right' unless you knew there was a higher moral standard to compare it to.
    Last edited by Seeking a Religion; 29 Jan 2015, 07:59.

Comment

Please would you put public light to your current religious group or church you belong to,for a seeker you seem to have a great deal of dogma to put forth..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
        I obtain my wisdom and truth from The Bible which has never been proven to be wrong
        Since you completely ignored my questions again, some minor things from the bible proven false:

the bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
        Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
        Some creeping insects have four legs. (Lev. 11:22-23);
        Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
        Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
        Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
        The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
        A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
        A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
        Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
        The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9)
        A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).
        The moon is a light source like the sun (Gen 1:16)

Some more important things:

The bible says the earth is six thousand years old (science says closer to three or four billion)
        Soil and fossil records show the Great Floor was not likely and much smaller than the bible stated.
        A great many people in the bible lived over 150 years. Some over 400. (scientifically impossible)
        King David collects ten thousand darics for the construction of the temple in Jerusalem. (Darics didn't exist until 500 years after King David)
        The sun moved around the Earth.
        Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights in the desert (he would have died of dehydration)
        When Jesus was crucified, there was three hours of complete darkness "over all the land." And when he died, there was a great earthquake with many corpses walking the streets of Jerusalem. (There is no record of this outside of the bible; no surviving historical texts mention such extraordinary events).
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

So, this is how this is going to work...

Welcome to "lets learn about the rules and customs of Pagan Forum"...

We do not welcome spam, trolls, or proselytization.

From the forum rules:
          Do not spam the forum with advertisement or nonconstructive material.
          Do not troll, bait, instigate fights, bully, flame, attack or otherwise violate forum rules.
          Do not proselytize or preach, regardless of what you do IRL, you are not clergy here or a religious authority. Proselytizing is considered a form of spam at best, and religious bullying otherwise.

From forum etiquette guidelines:
          • Do not spread drama, which originated in one topic, into another topic or multiple topics. It is extremely disruptive to the forum and not everyone needs to be involved in a dispute.
          • Do not couch personal opinion as fact. You will be called out by community members (this is your only warning). If you make a claim that is extraordinary (ie. unlikely to be commonly accepted or commonly known by our community) either make sure that it is expressed as your opinion or backed up with a link or citation so that members can find more information.

Trolls get banned. Stop the drama, stop spreading crap all over the carpet, stop necro-ing threads for the purposes of preaching, and stop the religious exclusivism. If you want to share your beliefs, share them...but they aren't objective fact, so stop acting as if they are...if they were, we'd all agree with you. Since we don't, they are obviously not objective or factual.

We've tried to handle this with some levity and without making it a staff thing...but...this is getting ridiculous. Its disruptive and downright annoying.

This is the last warning.

The end.
          Last edited by thalassa; 29 Jan 2015, 08:10.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

The RED,she burns...slinks off into the underbrush to lick my burns...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
            X