This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Womens clothing rant

I can't sew because I don't have a sewing machine. But I do know how to hem the crap out of anything with my no sew hem tape and an iron! And I can make blocky men's tees cute on me.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
      Meh. I hate wearing tight pants, and I dislike purses and handbags. I honestly don't think I own one, unless you count my laptop bag I use for work and travel.

POCKETSES! I WANT POCKETSES!
      I was just throwing a fit over this yesterday. I have a nice outfit that is pinstripe pants, a purple button up shirt, and a black vest, and NONE of it has pockets AT ALL! The pants and vest have little flats for FAKE POCKETS of all things. UGH!
      And don't get me started on how the botton up shirt doesn't button all the way up. Can I not CHOOSE to show off cleavage? No? I'm a girl, I can't possibly want to button my shirt up so that I can wear a tie, maybe? Ugh. UGH!!
      CLOTHES. UGH.

Comment

Am I the only one that loves cargo capris? Pockets galore!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I have two pair of those that get worn far more than any of my other non-work pants.

Comment

I like bags.

Not handbags, not purses...a big fat tote bag with a strap that you wear cross-ways? Yeah...I love the heck out of those things. I can fit my laptop, my book, a bottle of water, kids shoes, munchkin snacks, AND my keys in those things.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I get suuuuuper excited when I find skurts/dresses with pockets! And they've come back into fashion a bit which is great!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                I love jeans though. I wear them everyday.

Usually with the long hem issue, I get away with it by wearing heels, or buyung a skinnier style that bunches a bit around the ankle. So I generally only buy jeans that fit my waist/hips. If I find a really good fit up there, I don't care about the length.
                Totally agree here. My husband yells at me all the time for walking on my jeans but I either have to buy them to long or to short and I'd much rather have them to long. As for going cloth-less I like clothes lol. It leaves more to the imagination then walking around naked

- - - Updated - - -

I love pockets and I love bags of all sorts. Purses, totes, clutches all amazing things. Shoes, those things are fantastic. I don't have much in the imagination for clothing. At least when it comes to making them and in all honesty KP picks out most of my clothes when we go shopping. He has much better taste then I do. Except with the jeans!!! Hes also the one that can actually sew. I can a little but hes the arts and crafter in our house and I am the sports fanatic!!!

Cleavage the wonderful world of cleavage. I don't think you can really escape from it. We as women must NO need to show off our cleavage how else are we going to find a man or climb the corporate ladder. After all our brains can't do that for us so we must you the one asset that we have!!! Or were just to big chested and anything we put on gives us cleavage...
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I hate how almost all bras fit. Some bras im falling out of others the underwire is jamming me in the side. I went to victorias secrets they advertised bra fittings. No one helped me a lady just shoved bras under the door of various sizes. I wear 38c to 38d depending on bra design. They have this bra store in yhe south i want to go to

Comment

To be fair, despite what you read on the internet, the only way you can really fit a bra is to try different sizes on. Even if a brand has its own measurement guidelines, women come in so many different shapes that it doesn't -really- work that way. You might have a certain bust-to-underbust ratio, but that doesn't mean that you'll be the size that corresponds with that ratio, if that makes sense. When I worked at Agent Provocateur, we were trained to encourage women to try on different sizes. They pride themselves in training staff to be able to tell a woman's bra size by looking at her. I can say that most of the time, it works. I can almost always do it. 9 times out of 10, women wear the wrong size because they think they wear a smaller cup size and larger band size than they actually should. Like, I'm a 32 C, but most women my size think they're a 34 B because they -can't- possibly be a "C" cup. Actually, no matter how the bras fit, pretty much all brands use the same wire sizes for 32C-34B-36A (etc). They even come listed like that (I make lingerie from time to time).

Still, sizes are standardized, and sometimes no matter what you do, a style or even an entire brand won't fit you. I can never, ever wear balconette bras unless I make them myself. I love them, but they're always too gapey at the top.

I hate how all underwear fits. I'm full hipped and small waisted and it's just not made for me. Every single brand except for La Senza rides up, and we don't have La Senza here. Also, Germans are giants compared to me and almost all underwear looks like granny panties on me, even if it's not supposed to be high waisted.

Comment

Working...
                    X