This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Apartment Light Cleansing

I didn't know where to post this hence why it is here.

I'm thinking of doing a light cleansing in hopes to heal the space from the lose of the old tenants, to rid of any negative energy, and to protect myself from any trying to do harm. I'm looking at herbs to either make an incense to use for the first week or to sprinkle around the space, or both.

These are what I am currently looking at.
    Lemon juices or zest for a cleanse or purification
    Snap dragon for protection
    cumin for peace
    spearmint for healing

any thoughts

Originally posted by jaidynfaith View Post

I'm thinking of doing a light cleansing in hopes to heal the space from the lose of the old tenants, to rid of any negative energy, and to protect myself from any trying to do harm. I'm looking at herbs to either make an incense to use for the first week or to sprinkle around the space, or both.

cumin for peace
    spearmint for healing

any thoughts
    Sage smudge stick. Good all purpose cleanser.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: New Apartment Light Cleansing

Originally posted by jaidynfaith View Post

cumin for peace
      spearmint for healing

any thoughts
      I think if you used all those, you wouldn't appreciate the smell. I second the sage. It's a good, all-purpose, cleanser.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

If not white sage then sweet grass. If neither of those are options, sage can be very bitter or acidic in smell, you can use Cedar as a smudge. While Sage was common in the South western parts of the US Cedar was a common purification source in the Northwest and along the eastern seaboard.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You are...in South Africa? Yes? (I thought I remembered reading that, but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else)

What grows near you?

White sage sucks unless you live near where it grows...the resources that are used to ship it globally are rediculous. Similarly, dragon's blood, frankinsense, myrrh, and sandalwood (some species of which are also endangered or threatened)... You have native plants, or at least naturalized plants brought by European settlers, that will work just as well, you just need to find out what they are (this pretty much goes for folks in the US, Australia, etc as well)

If nothing else--salt and water work just fine.

Edited to add: Apparently I confused you with someone else...you are in the midwest... Cedar is great, unless you have allergies. Lavender works for everything. Sweetgrass and lavender smell divine together.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I'm a fan of using what you have on hand already, if it's an option to do so. So if you have all those things, and you think they make sense to use, then go for it - give it a try, and see how it works out for you. If you don't have those things, take a look at what's already in your spice cabinet, or what's growing locally, and see if there's something else that would work. And like Thalassa said, salt, either on it's own or in water, is always a classic choice.
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
            X