This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frightening dreams involving spirits/entities

I wasn't sure which section to put this in, feel free to move it if it is. It's part esoteric part psychological.
    I'm writing this on very little sleep so please excuse any errors.
    Do you think it's possible to be attacked or harassed by entities in your dreams? I have dreams that are not like ordinary nightmares, ones where I am either battling an entity or being followed/harassed by one. I woke up from one earlier and I don't want to go back to sleep. It disturbed me so much.
    In these dreams, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, sometimes I get away, sometimes I am even "killed" or possibly knocked out and wake up as it happens. In this particular dream the entity was making me lose my mind. The dreams are lucid; I am aware and able to control what I do.
    I just want to know if these dreams are from something purely psychological or actual attacks in the realm of sleep...
    I'd be interested to hear your opinions.
    sigpic

Re: Frightening dreams involving spirits/entities

I do believe that it's possible for us to interact with (and vice versa) Spirits in a "dream state". Would I jump to the conclusion that the dreams you're having are literal attacks from malevolent entities? Not without more information. I would first be inclined to address any issues you have going on in your life at the moment that may be fueling these dreams.

If I were carrying out an actual assessment of your case, I would gather the following information (you don't have to answer anything, this is more of an illustration than a query):

1. When did the dreams begin and what was occurring in your life at that time? What was your environment like?

2. What is your diet like? Do you regularly ingest/use caffeine, excessive amounts of sugar or any recreational substances?

3. What is your psychological state like? Have you spoken to a mental health professional?

4. Are you taking any prescription or non-prescription medication?

5. Has anyone new recently come into your life or your environment?

6. What is your association, if any, with magick or the Occult? What associations, if any, do people around you have with magick or the Occult?

7. Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary in your environment at home (i.e., items going missing, strange sounds and smells, etc.)?

8. Do you have animals at home? Have they recently behaved differently?

Comment

Re: Frightening dreams involving spirits/entities

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      I do believe that it's possible for us to interact with (and vice versa) Spirits in a "dream state". Would I jump to the conclusion that the dreams you're having are literal attacks from malevolent entities? Not without more information. I would first be inclined to address any issues you have going on in your life at the moment that may be fueling these dreams.

If I were carrying out an actual assessment of your case, I would gather the following information (you don't have to answer anything, this is more of an illustration than a query):

1. When did the dreams begin and what was occurring in your life at that time? What was your environment like?

2. What is your diet like? Do you regularly ingest/use caffeine, excessive amounts of sugar or any recreational substances?

3. What is your psychological state like? Have you spoken to a mental health professional?

4. Are you taking any prescription or non-prescription medication?

5. Has anyone new recently come into your life or your environment?

6. What is your association, if any, with magick or the Occult? What associations, if any, do people around you have with magick or the Occult?

7. Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary in your environment at home (i.e., items going missing, strange sounds and smells, etc.)?

8. Do you have animals at home? Have they recently behaved differently?
      Thanks for the reply Torey. I'll try answer your questions the best I can.

1. The dreams have happened sporadically over the last couple of years. I've had about 4 or 5 in total that I can recall.
      2. I'm hypoglycemic so I'm careful with sugar. I try not to drink too much tea or soft drinks. I don't use recreational substances. I'd say my diet isn't the best, but it's not terrible either.
      3. My psychological health has deteriorated over the past 2 years. I suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD. When the dreams started I was in a better state than I am now.
      4. I am on prescription psychological medication. I use anti-depressants and mood stabilisers along with calmatives. The dreams started when I was on less medication though. Like I said, my psych health has declined badly and I am on a lot more meds now than I was a couple of years ago.
      5. No one that I can connect to the occurrence of these dreams.
      6. I had been involved in the occult for several years before I started having these dreams. The people around me aren't as involved as I am.
      7. No, everything seems fine. These dreams have occurred in several places where I have lived too, not only one house.
      8. I have 2 cats and a dog. I often dream about my cats being in danger, as I am extremely protective of them. In this most recent dream my cats were present and all I could think of was protecting them. They don't seem to be acting any differently, though.

Hope this can be of help.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X