This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mohel gave my newborn herpes.

Yup. Not even trying to make this inflammatory. It's exactly as it sounds.

Two more new born infants were found to have herpes given to them by the mohels who performed their circumcisions. How is this not illegal?
    I don't even have a list of things to discuss. Just..discuss. :=I:

Not so kosher sauce
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: The Mohel gave my newborn herpes.

This is one where religion and such should go out the window in the name of public health and safety. Beyond that I can't even imagine the discussion on or about something like this. At a minimum i'd think mandatory blood testing of the mohels who do this.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I don't know how male genital mutilation is still legal.

Comment

Under medical supervision, it is usually totally safe.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          What medical supervision would you prescribe to make sure no herpes was getting into the kid's penis? I'm guessing some sort of dental dam. Ug. I can't even believe I'm advising this. But yeah. That's all I could think of at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
            Oh, well I guess that makes it ok then. Why don't we just teach those various cultures that still perform them how to do female mutilations just as safely?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            What medical supervision would you prescribe to make sure no herpes was getting into the kid's penis? I'm guessing some sort of dental dam. Ug. I can't even believe I'm advising this. But yeah. That's all I could think of at the moment.
            Rubber gloves is about all it should take, and a basic understanding of microbiology.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
              Oh, well I guess that makes it ok then. Why don't we just teach those various cultures that still perform them how to do female mutilations just as safely?

- - - Updated - - -

Rubber gloves is about all it should take, and a basic understanding of microbiology.
              but rubber gloves like over the mouth? I think it's the sucking of the blood that's passing the herpes.

Comment

I was thinking that Mohels, during circumcision, should be supervised by a medic, or that Mohels are required by law to have some kind of medical studies for that precise purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

America bringing democracy and freedom everywhere!?

I personally think we should let cultures advance by themselves. It's not by solving other cultures problems that our wars and conflicts are going to cease.

And if male genital mutilation is still legal, it's because there's not enough social-political pressure against its practice.

I'm not in favor of it, but neither specifically against circumcision.

Comment

Before this turns into circumcise or not debate, we had one of those that lasted a little over two years. Didn't end too well. Chain locked it. Please check it out before going down this road. It's here: http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...t=circumcision

In reference to the Mohal sucking off babies. It's wrong. I'm sorry. But it's wrong. And disgusting. And it should be stopped. Even if herpes wasn't an issue.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I don't see a debate about whether mutilation is wrong or not...I was just voicing my $0.02 - if you don't want your infant to get herpes, maybe keep strangers away from his dick. Just a suggestion.

Comment

I don't see a debate about whether mutilation is wrong or not...I was just voicing my $0.02 - if you don't want your infant to get herpes, maybe keep strangers away from his dick. Just a suggestion.
                      I agree with that. It's usually the best method, lol.

Comment

You know, I suspect I may have led a sheltered life, but just what is so wrong about leaving willies and fannies alone? What is it with all the knives and teeth?

On a less sarky note, if people really must give someone permission to chew the end off their son's penis, surely he could get a note from the doctor certifying he was herpes free or something on the day it was being done?
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          You know, I suspect I may have led a sheltered life, but just what is so wrong about leaving willies and fannies alone?
                          Gotta play with something...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Gotta play with something...

But if everything if messed about with, who is going to play pocket billiards any more? Or maybe that's the idea?
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                            X