This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satanists Use Hobby Lobby Ruling to Block Pro-life Propaganda

Well, they opened they're own can of worms, now the Hobby Lobbiers are stuck with the result... *snicker* ...be careful what ya wish for...

Hm, not sure if the Catholic men on the Supreme Court saw this one coming. But you know, unintended consequences and all. In a statement, the Satanic Temple said that it will use the Supreme Court��
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: Satanists Use Hobby Lobby Ruling to Block Pro-life Propaganda

Yeah.

Things are so much better when information is denied to believers.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Yeah.

Things are so much better when information is denied to believers.
      The 'information' they are giving them is biased if you read the article. I'm pretty sure when a woman walks into a clinic to get an abortion, she pretty much is aware that she is getting an abortion and has thought it through. I, for one, am getting pretty effin sick and tired of being treated as if I need laws for me constantly to keep my womanly nature locked away in a layer of bubble wrap. I'm a woman, not a child, not a pet, not an object. I can fucking think for myself.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Lol silly Satanists, trying to find the flaw on everything.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

LOL - I am evil.

First, I criticize religion, then, I wonder how one can be "pro-choice" if they are against people being exposed to other options and opinions.

Even the Satanists want to play pin the tail on the devil with me...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Not touching the abortion debate at all. Regarding the legal trick in play, this is what happens judges take dumb ass excuses to support an ideology. Their rulings are used to support things they may not approve of. Had the morons been using their head initially then they wouldn't be facing this issue. Since they failed to do so, life now becomes interesting. If they had not been explicitly warned of something like this by the dissenters, I might almost feel bad for them. Then again, maybe not.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The judges should at least be honest. We make these rules to protect Christian values and no one else's. My religion makes me the sole proprietor of my entity. I make ALL decisions for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                The 'information' they are giving them is biased if you read the article. I'm pretty sure when a woman walks into a clinic to get an abortion, she pretty much is aware that she is getting an abortion and has thought it through. I, for one, am getting pretty effin sick and tired of being treated as if I need laws for me constantly to keep my womanly nature locked away in a layer of bubble wrap. I'm a woman, not a child, not a pet, not an object. I can fucking think for myself.

THIS. 100% this. And it sucks that, after all these years, it still has to be said.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  THIS. 100% this. And it sucks that, after all these years, it still has to be said.
                  I wonder why we never have a 100 years of male 'safety' propaganda?

And by this I'm blaming both men and women.

Comment

Sorry I haven't read the article. At work (lunch break, limited time) but Medusa's last post made me think... (This may get split into its own topic..............maybe).
                    Would we have all these rules if men were the child bearing gender? Would roles be reversed in the sense that women would be the ones hunting, and the men stayed home with the children? That last question, I was more thinking along the lines of our ancestors in the long long ago and not so much modern times.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      Sorry I haven't read the article. At work (lunch break, limited time) but Medusa's last post made me think... (This may get split into its own topic..............maybe).
                      Would we have all these rules if men were the child bearing gender? Would roles be reversed in the sense that women would be the ones hunting, and the men stayed home with the children? That last question, I was more thinking along the lines of our ancestors in the long long ago and not so much modern times.

I was just thinking, ab out Medusa's post, that this could be a whole 'nother topic, or several. Including how women can be other womens' worst enemies.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        It would depend (IMHO) if the men were also handicapped & needful of support during a length of time before birth, and if they were the ones who were biologically necessary for feeding regularly for a (historically) long length of time.

This is a biology question, that can be answered by biology, not a political one. Is this what you had in mind, Juni?

Comment

Men are required to make babies. How come we don't have the US legal system, Congress and the bible thumpers trying to regulate their testicles? Seriously. I'm not even being snarky.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Men are required to make babies. How come we don't have the US legal system, Congress and the bible thumpers trying to regulate their testicles? Seriously. I'm not even being snarky.
                            It's because, I think, that because the woman invests more time in procreation, she has to be the one who is ultimately in charge of the choice.

That isn't because the man doesn't or shouldn't take some (possibly more) responsibility - a common rule of polite behavior is "don't cause unnecessary harm."

But it's the woman who has to make sure. It's biology.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              It's because, I think, that because the woman invests more time in procreation, she has to be the one who is ultimately in charge of the choice.

That isn't because the man doesn't or shouldn't take some (possibly more) responsibility - a common rule of polite behavior is "don't cause unnecessary harm."

But it's the woman who has to make sure. It's biology.
                              I get that to a point. Men cannot scream rights to parentage (in deciding if a woman he himself impregnated wants to keep or rid herself of the pregnancy) and yet say well biologically speaking, it's all the women's responsibility. Men cannot have it both ways. You want the right, then your reproductive organs get to be legally scrutinized and handled by Congress etc.

My biology is not up for judicial review.

Comment

Working...
                              X