This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lythia Paganism? Ever heard of it?

I'm somewhat new to paganism and have been google- and youtube-searching my butt off for days about the different sects. I have some beliefs that are pre-established and want to find a religion that fits because I'd love to connect with people who believe similar things. (Not overly important, I know, but it's something I'm interested in.)

Anyway, being new, I've been trying out things like praying over a simple altar in hopes of feeling some kind of divine calling, and I believe I have.

On youtube, I found a guy named Sheldon Slinkard who has a blog called PagansPathway. He practices something called Lythia paganism, which I had never heard of before. He even wrote a book about it, which describes Lythia practices and traditions in-depth.

I've tried searching for more info and different sources on Lythia, but have found none. I'm always redirected to Sheldon, which is fine and all, but you know. I'd love some more information and details.

I feel some sort of pull toward the practices that Sheldon describes in his videos and blog posts. They include praying, fasting in different ways, Sabbat traditions, etc.

I've been aware of a calling from some divine force for some time, and upon hearing about the God and Goddess that are worshipped in Lythia, I felt like I'd found my home.

I also haven't been able to find ANY other neopagan religions, besides Wicca, that are duotheistic (worship two Gods).
    I have no pantheon or feel pulled toward worshipping any specific God or Goddess. My God and Goddess are like Wicca's Horned God and Triple Goddess, yet I'm not Wiccan. I just feel pagan, and specifically Lythia seems like an amazing fit for me.

My question is, has anybody heard of this religion before?? Would you happen to have any sources that are not PagansPathway.wordpress.com? Where can I find the history of Lythia, if it has a legit history at all?

BTW, I'm new here too (duh) so I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Thank you for your time and help, and blessed be. ~

Re: Lythia Paganism? Ever heard of it?

Originally posted by Luke View Post
    I also haven't been able to find ANY other neopagan religions, besides Wicca, that are duotheistic (worship two Gods).
    I have no pantheon or feel pulled toward worshipping any specific God or Goddess.
    Do you necessarily have to find a sect or path to fit your beliefs into, is that important to you? There are many Pagans who are just that. If you feel you're a Pagan then isn't that enough? Just a thought.

I'm afraid I haven't heard of Lythia before, so can't help there. Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Re: Lythia Paganism? Ever heard of it?

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
      Do you necessarily have to find a sect or path to fit your beliefs into, is that important to you? There are many Pagans who are just that. If you feel you're a Pagan then isn't that enough? Just a thought.

I'm afraid I haven't heard of Lythia before, so can't help there. Welcome to the forums.
      Thank you for the welcome. Taking a step back and thinking about it now, I suppose it's not really important at all. The Pagan community seems very accepting toward eclectic Pagans, from what I've seen so far, so I think I'll still be able to connect with people of similar belief systems.
      Im someone who needs to work on their obsession with labels, because they're just words and don't really define your faith.
      Thank you for your insight, as well!

Comment

Working...
      X