X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

Welp, looks like I join the trend. My image is below.

I looked at the previous charts for some of the political parties in each country and I am rather drawn to our NDP here in Canada. Should I really be surprised? Also sort of consider myself that or liberal sooo. :x
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LuciaStar; 08 Aug 2014, 16:27.
    Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I generally like to take these things a few times, just to see how consistent they are. A lot of times, variability in external and internal factors will change scores, simply because it changes how you interpret the question and think about your answers.

This time around, Economic Left/Right: -6.25
      Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

...so, its pretty consistent.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
        It says our liberal party is conservative? Huh.
        So is ours. But then we (as a country) already knew that... there's been a slow trend over the last ten-fifteen years for our Liberal party to become more conservative and our Labor party to become more liberal. Go figure.

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
          Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Im with the rest of you. Go team Ghandi!

Comment

I got somewhere near ghandi . I guess I got left wing libritarian. Lol I don't like any government period . I'd rather have anarchy no government telling me what to do
            Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

To be honest, and this is just my own personal view, I feel like the test doesn't properly focus enough on things like 'law and order' when calculating the social libertarian/authoritarian. I say this because odds are I would fit into the Left-wing/Authoritarian if it did. Probably would have had a score of about 2.00 - 2.50 on the Authoritarian side.

Comment

I didnt like the options for answers somethings i felt neutral on

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                  To be honest, and this is just my own personal view, I feel like the test doesn't properly focus enough on things like 'law and order' when calculating the social libertarian/authoritarian. I say this because odds are I would fit into the Left-wing/Authoritarian if it did. Probably would have had a score of about 2.00 - 2.50 on the Authoritarian side.
                  I also don't think it really has much focus on stuff like corporate/industrial regulation, state-run companies and industries, and stuff like that. Like, I lean pretty far to the left and to the "libertarian" scale, but that's more because I support personal liberties. I support gay marriage, a woman's right to choose, and all that jazz. I also oppose excessive defence spending, focus on a punishment-focused justice system (I favour rehabilitation), and "tough on crime" policies. But that doesn't mean that I oppose government or the government playing a strong role in public life. I strongly favour governments that impose regulations on corporations or even entire industries in the name of public interest. I support laws regarding minimum wage, worker's rights, and all that jazz. I even support the state running essential services like trains and electric providers (if you don't think electricity is an essential service, you need a reality check!) in the name of keeping these services serving the interests of the public over their shareholders. Those things would really make me less "libertarian", but none of those were questions on the test.

I'm not sure you can just plot your political position on a grid. At the end of the day, there are so many complex issues and I think you have to think about each one in isolation and weigh them in relation to larger issues and overall policy. The same can be said for supporting political parties. Like, I support the Greens, but I don't like the direction that some of their members are following (just in general) and I don't support their policy on nuclear disablement (which has caused Germany to rely on coal far more than it should...go environmentalism!)

Still, quizzes are fun, so why not? :P

Comment

I am here to be the solo member of the purple team, conservative libertarian.

It's always interesting to me to be outside of the norm. I think it leads to bad ju-ju when people think too much alike. Then we get all hive minded and that scares the heck out of me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      I am here to be the solo member of the purple team, conservative libertarian.
                      *cough* Well, this is kind of awkward.

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
                      Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                        *cough* Well, this is kind of awkward.

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
                        Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Dammit Jim.

Comment

Nyoink:
                          Left/right -2.62
                          Up/down -3.18
                          Work hard Play hard.
                          What is history?

Comment

​Here's my result:

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
                            Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

Comment

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
                              Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

wow, look at us. a big group of crazy liberals for the most part. I wonder, what would it mean if you were in the bottom left corner? like... absolutely as far left as you can get. I'm an incredibly radical liberal, hugging that left wall, but I'm about halfway up the wall. so who is in the corner? someone is more liberal than me?

Comment

Working...
                                X