This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, all of you. :)

Hi, I'm glad I managed to find a decent place on the web for heathens and the like I'm 17, I've been into Paganism for about 2 years, and decided to be a theistic Satanist some time in the middle of last year. I consider the existence of several deities outside the world of demons. While I'm interested in learning about all these wonderful pagan belief systems, I'd like to focus on making some advancement with magick, witchcraft and the like, particularly in contacting spirits/entities (respectfully) so that I get some experience of what the different entities are like, and also to find a guardian demon. I seem to have had a little bit of progress with meditation, but I think I'm only starting to scratch the surface. I admit, I am generally not very sure what to believe, and that I'm just making my own interpretations of things. Well, I'm hoping to meet some great folk around here who could possibly offer some help, food for thought, and perhaps friendship. I look forward to my future days as part of this site. c:

Re: Hey, all of you.

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hi, and welcome to PF. We've had a sudden influx of new Theistic Satanists. I'm one of the old ones.

Comment

Hi, welcome to our forum! Enjoy your stay!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thanks, anubisa, Torey and Gleb I've been looking quite a while for a sensible and accepting sort of website that is inclusive of people like me. A lot of the time when I see certain other pagan and especially Satanist forums it mostly has people who's attitudes aren't very welcoming and often appear dogmatic. But it looks like I can gain experience and understanding here without having to worry too much about being out of line. It's rather pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            Hi, and welcome to PF. We've had a sudden influx of new Theistic Satanists. I'm one of the old ones.
            Consistently active and long pasting Theistic Satanists haven't been particularly common the past few years.

We get several a year but many of them tend to move on within a couple months. You sticking around has been a nice change in that trend.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Welcome aboard Khanukus!
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Consistently active and long pasting Theistic Satanists haven't been particularly common the past few years.

We get several a year but many of them tend to move on within a couple months. You sticking around has been a nice change in that trend.
              Youre awesome Torey!!!

Hi new guy
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thanks, pleasure to meet you as well, MaskedOne and Heka Yeah, it's understandable how most Satanists, especially those of the theistic sort, don't stay with their beliefs for very long. There's a lot of division and a very diverse range of beliefs and opinions among them. A lot of them just follow it to express their rebelliousness and individuality, or because they want to magically be given money, a succubus, or the like without having to really do much (I was like this when my interest in it started, but I've developed a bit from that phase). These sorts will eventually become bored or disappointed, and move on. Plus if they were to reveal their path to those close to them, the most likely reactions would be fear, distrust, shunning, and the like, and also, in some cases even a chain of events that would result in their lives taking a really bad turn and perhaps some psychological attacks by priests attempting to exorcise them (these priests, I think, might be responsible for certain cases where possession appears to have happened), and they end up losing their rationality. Another thing is criticism that appears logical from other pagans or non-religious people, who might say Satan purely originates from Abrahamic religions, which therefore makes Satanism little more than a reaction to them. So as a result of this, they feel isolated and/or that their beliefs are not legitimate, and have a hard time finding people on their same path who they can relate to without worry. I must confess, I used to be a member of JoS, and did actually believe and consider a lot of what they said to be valid, although I still did have my own opinions, which Mageson666 and some others berated me for. Eventually I was banned, and I was thinking of moving on to a totally different path afterwards, but somehow I felt as though I just had to adjust my expectations and my views of what appears rational and trustworthy, and had to explore it more because it contained elements which I felt in me quite deep, and believed was beneficial in the long term. So I feel that in time, it will make more sense to me.

Comment

Err, you misunderstand. I have no idea how many Theistic Satanists find new beliefs. My point was more that most of the ones who come here don't stay active on the site for long. Torey is a welcome exception to that trend.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh... Hehe, right. Silly me. Though I suppose that when they become disillusioned with their beliefs, they'll probably lose interest in paganism as well, and likely become atheists or christians, which might be why they don't stick around (although I am aware that this site is welcome to pretty much anyone, but we all know it's focused on those who don't hold mainstream beliefs, and those are often discouraged by society, because the loudest voices are often preferred to the quiet ones).

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks, Ljubezen Glad to be here.

Comment

Working...
                        X