Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went and saw my long distance partner!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went and saw my long distance partner!!

Hey guys! I've been gone for a long time; busy busy. School starts next week, but I've never been more excited! It's my senior year. c: But that's beside the point.
    Ever since last summer, my partner and I have been saving to see each other. About three days after our 1 year anniversary, my parents and I traveled from Iowa to Ohio, and we met him and his family. At first it was pretty disorienting, because I live out in the middle of nowhere, and my partner, Kevin, lives in a HUUUUUUGE city. I felt homesick on the way up, but as soon as we got there and I saw him- now I feel home sick at home almost. ;w; It was way too brief a visit! Anyone else have an experience like this? c:

Re: I went and saw my long distance partner!!

I've got a bunch of Mates in Norway (Klepp) that recently visited (UK), it was our first time meeting face to face after three years online and it was bloomin' amazing, I know the feeling you got, gratz and glad you enjoyed it!
    Work hard Play hard.
    What is history?

Comment

My wife and I had a strictly online relationship for 3 whole years before she finally came to the US and visited me for a month. Then I came back to Australia and stayed with her and her family for a month before going back to the US again for 5 weeks before finally moving to Oz for good. Distance can be bloody hard - but I think it's a good test of a relationship because you don't have the physical lust factor and rely on actually getting to know each other as people. Sounds like you had a good experience.

Comment

Amadi: Aw, that's sweet! I've been friends with someone online for about 6 years, and we found out we lived in the same state 3 years ago. c: She lives two hours away from me. >w<
        Torey: I did have a great experience! And I understand. I feel like I know him better than anyone else I've ever had a relationship with. I'm going back over for his graduation, and he's coming over here after I leave. >w< It makes me excited for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          My wife and I had a strictly online relationship for 3 whole years before she finally came to the US and visited me for a month. Then I came back to Australia and stayed with her and her family for a month before going back to the US again for 5 weeks before finally moving to Oz for good. Distance can be bloody hard - but I think it's a good test of a relationship because you don't have the physical lust factor and rely on actually getting to know each other as people. Sounds like you had a good experience.
          One of my closest friends ever I met online at 13. He's even in Australia and we've still never met. But I totally agree with everything you've said Torey. We're not sexually attracted at all (not to mention he's gay), but our emotional bond could not be stronger. I would have his babies. I love that guy.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            One of my closest friends ever I met online at 13. He's even in Australia and we've still never met. But I totally agree with everything you've said Torey. We're not sexually attracted at all (not to mention he's gay), but our emotional bond could not be stronger. I would have his babies. I love that guy.
            Totally. One of my closest friends in my early 20s was a friend (another girl, no romantic connection) I met online when I was 18. We met on a Canadian forum and stayed in touch after I moved to Germany. We didn't meet in person until we were 23 (we're the same age). We grew apart in our late 20s (we have very different lives and developed different interests as we grew older), but we're still in touch.

Comment

Working...
            X