Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to invoke Saint Michael?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a good idea to invoke Saint Michael?

Originally posted by DON View Post
    The only created entity more powerful than him is Lucifer.
    Is Lucifer ever unequivocally stated as more potent?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Is Lucifer ever unequivocally stated as more potent?
      Considering Lucifer and Satan are separate entities? I don't think so. The only mention in the Bible that people take to mean Lucifer refers to a fallen king. That doesn't mean Lucifer doesn't exist. There's just no scriptural evidence, to my knowledge, that Michael and Lucifer have interacted, let alone fought.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by DON View Post
        The only created entity more powerful than him is Lucifer.
        I always find it ironic when people who take Biblical scriptue very seriously make comments like this.

Are you saying that Lucifer and Satan are the same being? Because Biblical support for that hypothesis is spurious, at best.

Comment

No, Satan is a title. Lucifer is the name of the angelic being that was created to be the keeper and protector of Gods glory. The book of Ezekiel goes into this.
          The archangels are the most powerful of all created beings, with the ability to enter into any plane of existence. But it seems that within this group, there are different levels of power which makes sense if you think about it in relation to the various roles they were created to fulfil.

To get a deeper understanding of who Lucifer is, then you need to refer to extra-biblical references that are not part of the official canon.
          are some people who claim some sort of coup went down at some point in the past and that the title was transferred to another. Then there is the logical argument that a title can be held simultaneously by multiple individuals. The title of father or mother is a good example of this. Since the title describes a role or activity then this might indeed be the case. If it was a title of power (like king or queen) then I'd be inclined to belief it is a singular entity who holds this title.

However the title translates to "the accuser" which implies that there is only one (as opposed to "an accuser") so I'm inclined to think a single entity holds this title. Scripture also states that the holder of this title petitions God all the time, and that they also inhabit the natural. To petition God, one naturally needs direct access to the throne room. It's a fair deduction that the throne room of God exists in the highest realm, and so whatever being it is that holds this title must be powerful enough to freely enter any plane of existence. That rules out every entity apart from a seraphim, and an archangel.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
            The main red flag in this line of thinking is would Saint Michael (or more importantly, Jesus or God) approve of me talking to angels this way? I know there are many Christian witches, but I have never read of any personal experiences with invoking angels, I've only seen videos on how to invoke them. I've tried praying to Jesus for guidance for something else before, but I can never seem to hear or see him so figured invoking could help.
            Because angels aren't omnipresent as Yahweh is, summoning them may cause disruption in their daily assignments, causing them to seem moody. From my personal experience, this isn't the case, and I deal with 5 archangels on a regular basis. It's simply the fact that they do not have all the time in world to answer what they see as a human's trifling questions. It's best simply to do what I call a prayer chain, for the matter that queries are answered quicker and without the disruption of the deities. However, answers aren't always presented to us on a silver platter. Most of the time they come in the form of omens, or scripture, so searching the bible is very important.

Now this is just my suggestion to you, so you are free to use it if you wish. Burning incense and herbs that correspond to each angel would be recommended during the prayer. Ask for guidance, for the opening of your third eye, and the answers you seek. When you are finished, end the prayer with 'let Michael raise it, Raphael inspire it, Gabriel sing it, Uriel strengthen it, Phanuel bless it, and may the Holy Spirit seal and deliver it to the ones on high.'

As for you not believing in the bible, I agree with Habbalah bringing up those scriptures. There are many scriptures quoted by the Christ that clearly state that the bible is a sacred guide and anything else written or quoted by man was wisdom bestowed to them by God. If one is to worship him properly, the bible must be incorporated into the path.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
              I turned my life back to Jesus, and I don't believe in the Bible as the word of God, so I don't see any problem with using witchcraft.
              I'm writing a book about Superman but I don't believe the DC comics are a reliable resource so I'm just going to make shit up as I go using the name of Superman. Does that make sense?

Michael is Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathway Machine View Post
                I'm writing a book about Superman but I don't believe the DC comics are a reliable resource so I'm just going to make shit up as I go using the name of Superman. Does that make sense?
                Or...The Bible is a book of Man about their ideas of God. Its not the autobiography of God, or the Manual of Life written by God. And if it were, he should be fired.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Or...The Bible is a book of Man about their ideas of God. Its not the autobiography of God, or the Manual of Life written by God. And if it were, he should be fired.
                  I think the point is moot. I could say the same for Superman with more certainty. If I say to you that Gandalf was the Headmaster of Hogwarts and Dumbledore was a wizard in Middle Earth who rode a white horse named Ford Prefect you could correct me on that. If, however, your point is that God is a generic term that could be applied to many god's outside of the Bible, and as a student of it I have no monopoly as an authority on the subject given that, and even individual interpretation, I agree completely. However, I'm sure you would agree that the same applies to anyone else, including your well informed self. So, the statement that the Bible is a book of man about their ideas of God is subjective, equally conjectural to any argument I would supply, which is why you said "or...". I got that.

Comment

So,that about wraps everything up...And I always thought life and time and nature was a complex mixture with no real way to completely understand the why or where ,or even the what...I stand corrected..
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      So,that about wraps everything up...
                      Oh, heavens no. We're just getting started! We have much work to do.

And I always thought life and time and nature was a complex mixture with no real way to completely understand the why or where ,or even the what...I stand corrected..
                      I'm not sure what you mean by that. Sarcasm? You don't even like the subtle hint of debate do you? I've visited a lot of forums in the last 20 years, and every once in a while you stumble upon a tightly knit community where everyone pretty much gets along. The suggestion of debate can be problematic to some of the more overprotective members of that community, so much so that they are the ones with the most fiercest conflict at the mere hint of debate. I kind of picked up on that with you and others in the Income Tax thread. I'm not here to debate, in fact, I would rather give my opinion (teach) and learn of others who may or may not disagree with me.

Comment

What,me worry.....I think perhaps you mistake me for a "Rational human",trust me I can be far from rational..at least in the social mold of our civilization.

I myself "Might" be termed an image of "Loki"

I may or may not actually care about reality or even the state of the world or the Nation...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

What,me worry.....I think perhaps you mistake me for a "Rational human",trust me I can be far from rational..at least in the social mold of our civilization.

I myself "Might" be termed an image of "Loki"

I may or may not actually care about reality or even the state of the world or the Nation...
                          See, now there you've confused me. Your mode of "speech" is sometimes difficult to follow, Earthling man.

Comment

Make it so number one.....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Make it so number one.....
                              No! No! No! You can't go from the Bible to DC Comics, to Lord Of The Rings, to Harry Potter then to Hitchhiker's Guide to Star Trek in one swoop like that! Do it properly.

Comment

Welcome to "Where everyone knows your name".............NORM!!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X