Opinions on 'shufflemancy'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on 'shufflemancy'?

I've been doing that forever! I call it "divination by radio" and I ask a question, and the next song that I hear from the beginning answers me. Just for fun, of course, but it's pretty interesting which ones come on sometimes!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I've been doing that forever! I call it "divination by radio" and I ask a question, and the next song that I hear from the beginning answers me. Just for fun, of course, but it's pretty interesting which ones come on sometimes!
      It's funny I suppose but that's what we used to call synchronicity of events. With the radio and songs though synchronicity in totality is much more than that. Never really though of it as any sort of divination.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
        I personally don't really believe that sufflemancy is effective, and I feel like shuffling is not an effective way to properly communicate with the Gods, or get messages from them, if doing so is even possible to get said methods from it. I personally would like to think that those Gods we find ourselves building relations with would be able to communicate more directly, or through different methods. But to each their own I suppose.
        I personally don't think that divination is god-directed or a methodoloy of communicating with the divine. IMO, divination is a method for communicating with the subconscious.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I personally don't think that divination is god-directed or a methodoloy of communicating with the divine. IMO, divination is a method for communicating with the subconscious.
          I am of the same opinion.

What if an instrumental song with a name like "Chapter VIII" comes up? Hehe. Or if you're listening to classical music: "Allegro" or "Symphony in A minor"?
          Last edited by MaskedOne; 21 Aug 2014, 14:55.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jera View Post
            I am of the same opinion.

What if an instrumental song with a name like "Chapter VIII" comes up? Hehe. Or if you're listening to classical music: "Allegro" or "Symphony in A minor"?
            Perhaps the "feel" of the music? Its emotional impacts, does the artists name say anything, does the song tell a story, if its from a movie what part of the movie was it used in? Hmmmm....

Comment

Shufflemancy really works on one playlist, my iTunes is psychically awesome!
              Amarres de Amor

Comment

I have done shufflemancy just for fun, but not as a serious form for divination. however if you manage to get a large enough collection of different songs then it might work, but I still think it is important to have some sort of contact with the divine

Comment

That's what shufflemancy is? Let's give it a try...

My question: "When will I hear back from the agent I queried?"
                  My answer: "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5. Not sure how to take that.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I just asked "will I be successful" and the song that came up was "under the sheets" :'D

Comment

"Will my life fall into place?"

Foo Fighters - I feel free

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                      X