X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Priorities.

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Yeah im hearing you

And its not thyroid for me, got that tested as well. All results came back normal. So its in my head. :S
    Your head's a big one, though! I suffer from stress issues and if I go through a bout of anxiety, I feel so worn down and exhausted. When I wasn't self employed, I had days where I really had to drag myself out of bed.

It's definitely worth talking to the doc about.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Your head's a big one, though! I suffer from stress issues and if I go through a bout of anxiety, I feel so worn down and exhausted. When I wasn't self employed, I had days where I really had to drag myself out of bed.

It's definitely worth talking to the doc about.
      Its a bit frustrating. The head isnt so easy to fix. If it was a deficiency, or pregnancy or something you know how to tackle the issue...

In the head though.....

I'll make a doc appt monday.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Docs doubled my dose (now at 100mg). He agrees my lethargy could be a side affect of the meds, but seeing as they have helped somewhat, decided to double it, rather than take me off as the change (and apparently these can go to 200mg/day).

Had counsellors appt today. She's really happy with my progress, especially considering my last few months. She's pretty sure the lethargy is from the meds, but agrees doubling it is safer than going off. She says wait two weeks to see the effect (without changing too much else), seeing the doc again to reevaluate and see if I need to change anything again, and I have an appt with her in a month.

She's also helped me to see and clarify how having other people rely on me is my best motivation, so for example, this weekend make plans with people for the mornings to help me to get out of bed. This will keep me accountable. The same with evenings when I can. I have a friend over for dinner and I cleaned, for another example.

She also helped me see how momentum plays a part. Kinda like how when you hurt your ankle, getting moving is hard, but once you're moving its not too bad, once you stop, its hard to start again. Thats how my body is, so I've gotta kickstart it in the mornings. Ive set up an alarm in another rom, which has never worked before, but times have changed, it may be the boost I need.

She's also recommended a book, which I will find the title for, and asked me to slowly work my through it.

But shes impressed, and is telling me to look at the positives. I only have this one hurdle atm, rather than the big pile before. I feel better about it now, I feel more positive, and I didn't even need the full hour!

Yay for me!

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

The Happiness Trap, by Rus Harris, thats the book.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Alot of great things mentioned finding out what you find enjoyment should be your new first priority. Set aside time for you to do just that. Make it a daily goal if reasonable. If my depression is kicking me around I have to fight to get out of bed and I was late often. I have to talk myself into leaving my bed to take a shower (i love hot showers, bubble baths). Having something to look forward to each morning will help the battle. Do you feel like your sleeping well at night?

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
              Alot of great things mentioned finding out what you find enjoyment should be your new first priority. Set aside time for you to do just that. Make it a daily goal if reasonable. If my depression is kicking me around I have to fight to get out of bed and I was late often. I have to talk myself into leaving my bed to take a shower (i love hot showers, bubble baths). Having something to look forward to each morning will help the battle. Do you feel like your sleeping well at night?
              I know what I used to find enjoyment in, but lately I just want to fall asleep if I start, but mostly I can't be bothered starting.

I find enjoyment being on PF lol.

So far the alarm in the other room worked, I woke up at 7. Cept I got back in bed to get on here haha, its 7.20 now. Need to finish the unread threads before I get up!

And yes I am sleeping well.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thats awesome i didnt see your post prior mentioning the change in meds. Hopefully that helps with the lethargy. What your therapist mentioned about it being similar to a hurt ankle i never thought of it that way before makes loads of sense. I think i needed to hear it described that way.

Comment

Working...
                X