satan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satan

So I was. Wondering if anyone had any light to shine on this subject . I'm a theistic satanist and I was wondering who's Satan ?? Is it the biblical Satan ?? Enki as jos puts it?? I don't know it just seems to be up for interpretation , personally I believe Satan to pretty much be the equivalent to the wiccan all or creator guider god since I am like my name suggests a satanist witch . I'm just wondering what other satanist think about this subject
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Re: satan

For myself, Satan is not the "All" or the Creative Force behind the Universe, but is one of many deities. I'm a hard polytheist - so Satan, for me, is an individual entity in the same manner as is Isis or Thor.

The term "Satan" also, for myself, denotes a title - not the formal name. Many entities can be Satans. The Satan with whom I work is equatable to שמיחזה, or Semjaza of the Fallen.

So, IMHO, Enki could be "a Satan" as could many different entities with a similar nature and function (to accuse/oppose/adversary/etc.). Although I wouldn't necessarily use the term flippantly or interchangeably with "trickster".

Comment

I believe in multiple gods as well . So there isnt a set in stone Satan . Me also being wiccan I have a god and goddess . But thanks for clearing that up Torey its just one of the things that puzzled me .
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

This is something that I've been wondering about for quite some time. I never really believed Satan to be the creator/ruler/whatever of the universe, or of Earth and humanity. I'm not really concerned about the existence of a cosmic deity, anyway. I guess I'll agree with Torey's view, that there is more than one entity with the title of Satan. This makes me wonder, though... Which is the original one?

Comment

That is exactly why I don't attach a deity to the name Satan to me Satan is Satan . But that is a really good question whose the original Satan???

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceKhanakus_the111th View Post
            This is something that I've been wondering about for quite some time. I never really believed Satan to be the creator/ruler/whatever of the universe, or of Earth and humanity. I'm not really concerned about the existence of a cosmic deity, anyway. I guess I'll agree with Torey's view, that there is more than one entity with the title of Satan. This makes me wonder, though... Which is the original one?
            What do you mean by the "original" Satan? The first mentioned in Biblical texts? The first created? The first nominated by YHWH? In what context?

My opinion would be that Semjaza would be the "original" in regards to my overall beliefs in the lore. However, it depends on what your perspective is.

Comment

Where could I learn about Semjaza ???

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                Where could I learn about Semjaza ???
                The Book of Enoch is a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                  What do you mean by the "original" Satan? The first mentioned in Biblical texts? The first created? The first nominated by YHWH? In what context?

My opinion would be that Semjaza would be the "original" in regards to my overall beliefs in the lore. However, it depends on what your perspective is.
                  Samyaza (well, that's how I usually spell it) isn't so much that for me. While he was technically the leader of the Angels breaking from God, he kind of just succumbed to Azaezel and the other Grigori badgering him to have sex with humans. Azaezel got punished way worse than him.

But yeah, in general there are so many interpretations of what Satan means, and how many Satans there are, its a hard topic to get into.

And yes, go read Enoch. It will make the old testament make much more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

As for my opinion on the matter, well, I'm not a Satanist, but here we go:

Satan is a title given to an an angel YHWH keeps around almost as a sort of trouble shooter. In the Bible, Satan does some odd jobs for YHWH like stopping a guy getting killed by bandits, and also asking YHWH if this guy as really as pious as he looks named Job.

He's a different character from Lucifer, who rebelled against God, who is also a Satan, but not THAT Satan.

Who is also a different character from Samyaza and Azaezel who led a different defiance against YHWH that didn't go so well.
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

As far as I understand, Satan and Lucifer are separate. Lucifer is more powerful, and is the highest ranked daemon, although Satan is also extremely powerful and commands legions of daemons as well.
                    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                      As far as I understand, Satan and Lucifer are separate. Lucifer is more powerful, and is the highest ranked daemon, although Satan is also extremely powerful and commands legions of daemons as well.
                      I already believe that Satan rules over legions of daemons although I always acociatied Lucifer as the light bearer although my knowledge on Lucifer is near to nothing. What I originally asked was who's behind the name cause in Hebrew it means advisory and in Sanskrit it means truth so is the deity the advisory to truth or the advisory who spreads truth or is the truth ???????

Comment

I already believe that Satan rules over legions of daemons although I always acociatied Lucifer as the light bearer although my knowledge on Lucifer is near to nothing. What I originally asked was who's behind the name cause in Hebrew it means advisory and in Sanskrit it means truth so is the deity the advisory to truth or the advisory who spreads truth or is the truth ???????
                        I have no idea. Beliefs range from Lucifer being the ruler and Satan being the gatekeeper to Satan being the original God, to Satan, Lucifer, Jesus, and Isis are the 4 ascended masters or whatever. Who knows what's true, until spirit tells us.

I have chosen to not worry about what scripture thinks of Satan, Lucifer, etc. To me, they are forces that can impart much wisdom (but deserve much respect), although I'm still learning, so evoking either is waaaaaay beyond my ability for a while xD
                        What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

I see your point . I've been attracted to Satan since I was six years old as well as witchcraft . I've had a pretty decent experience working with satan

Comment

IMHO, the Sanskrit word means zilch in relation to the entity.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                              IMHO, the Sanskrit word means zilch in relation to the entity.
                              I know I was using it as reference to my first question who is Satan??

Comment

Working...
                              X