This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experiences with the Greek.

I am a heathen. But I have met a few of the Greek deities before. I've met Hera, Zeus and Hermes.

The first time I met Zeus, I channeled him. He had a very deep voice and a good sense of humor. I remember channeling another time and the first thing he said to me was,"You are bound by heathen law." One of my friends is a Hellenistic Pagan and she was on hand to make sure nothing went wrong. I saw Zeus as a strong fit man with a long, grey beard.

The first time I met Hermes, was during a pathwalking experience. I was with the same friend and we were pathwalking. We decided to invite Hermes to help us with an exercise where my friend says a word to Hermes and Hermes says the word to me. Little did I know at the time, Hermes is the god of thievery and lies. He kept saying the wrong word to me. It made us all laugh. I saw Hermes as a well fit man. He was dressed in a white toga and had short, curly blond hair with bright forest green eyes.

I met Hera the same way I met Hermes. I saw her wearing a white dress and she had long, wavey, almost curly brown hair and blue eyes. She had a sweet voice. I remember her telling me that my boyfriend and I have a strong bond.(Which is very true.)

I hoped ya'll liked my little thread!:shy:

Re: My experiences with the Greek.

I met Hermes once. Funny guy, honestly. My now-wife was doing her whole out-of-body thing again (seriously, it was that common a couple years ago), and he took possession of her body. Partly to make sure things went okay, partly for shits and giggles. He proceeded to make me and another person there guess who he was, and he never spoke or wrote things down. No, no, he practically insisted on tap once for yes, twice for no, though our questions got complex. Looking back, it was pretty amusing. "Trickster god plays a bit of a joke on his worshippers" sounds about in character for the fellow.

I may have met or encountered Amphitrite once, but it was under very ambiguous circumstances.

Outside of that, I rarely interact directly with the gods in physical form, with anthropomorphic manifestations and all that. I've done more direct interaction with nymphs in that manner. Not to say that I don't interact with the gods; it's just through prayer and worship rather than seeing or hearing them.

Comment

Well .... well ..... well .....

I am amused

You remind me of those hard-core fundamentalist and fanatic Christians that meet the Lord Jesus every day!
      IN PERSON!

Always shouting: "Hallelujah! Praise the LORD!"

Just the same in green, as we say in Germany.

Replace Jesus for Zeus and Aphrodite for Mary - and you are there!

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
        You remind me of those hard-core fundamentalist and fanatic Christians that meet the Lord Jesus every day!
        How? I don't presume that my experiences are applicable to those of others, as a fundamentalist would. And I surely do not believe as a fanatic does, that my gods are the only ones that must be believed in or worshipped.

Comment

Working...
        X