This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there!

My name is Elliot! I'm an 18 year old college student studying psychology. I like science fiction, card games, and I'm a big Pokemon fan (if you couldn't tell from my avatar).

I'm a pantheistic pagan. I'm sort of still finding my path and figuring out what I believe. It's kind of a weird, eclectic mix of things, but I think the end result bears some rough semblance to a pantheistic version of a Wiccan path...? Probably because I was inspired by Kabbalah and the mystical texts of my Jewish heritage, which were influences in the creation of Wicca as well. I would say my beliefs also have ties to naturalistic humanism / humanistic paganism.

Some beliefs and attributes I would ascribe to my own path would be:
    • Pantheistic (Ein Sof -- the infinite)
    • Nature-based, follows the Wheel of the Year
    • Roughly naturalistic; the Ein Sof cannot be interacted with except by tangible means
    • Two divine "faces" within the infinite, a masculine and a feminine (zachar and nekeva); complementary natures present in all things, though not distinct entities
    • Reincarnation, past lives, totems...
    • Karmic law / Law of Threefold Return
    • Other Kabbalah concepts -- like the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life. I'm still learning!

I'm not a classic theist, and definitely not a monotheist (I'm probably closer to a duotheist), so I wouldn't class myself as religiously Jewish. I would say this is paganism, but with heavy Jewish inspiration. At the very least, it's closer to paganism than to anything else that's out there.

I've always thought pagans to be, as a group, an interesting bunch of people as well as generally open-minded, so I figure it couldn't hurt to discuss and learn about various traditions and my own beliefs. I'd also particularly like to meet other college students here! Nice to meet you all!

Re: Hey there!

Welcome aboard! I hope that you enjoy your stay here!

Originally posted by Acorn View Post
    I'm not a classic theist, and definitely not a monotheist (I'm probably closer to a duotheist), so I wouldn't class myself as religiously Jewish.
    As for this, if I remember correctly, I had read something regarding this in a book called "The Bible As It Was" by James L. Kugel. It was regarding the passage in Genesis that stated "And we shall make man in our image". From what I understand, there was no "royal we" in Hebrew, and from further inspection there is a passage before that referring to God creating his Wisdom, and the pronoun used for such was feminine. Some can infer from this that there are both a male and female aspect of God.

Of course, this can be a discussion for another time and another thread. Welcome again!

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      Welcome aboard! I hope that you enjoy your stay here!

As for this, if I remember correctly, I had read something regarding this in a book called "The Bible As It Was" by James L. Kugel. It was regarding the passage in Genesis that stated "And we shall make man in our image". From what I understand, there was no "royal we" in Hebrew, and from further inspection there is a passage before that referring to God creating his Wisdom, and the pronoun used for such was feminine. Some can infer from this that there are both a male and female aspect of God.

Of course, this can be a discussion for another time and another thread. Welcome again!
      Oh, that's definitely an interesting tidbit, and there's actually a fairly strong duotheistic bent in certain forms of Judaism... All I meant by that was that it's not how mainstream Judaism is being practiced today, therefore I wouldn't really fit in, haha

Comment

I love your avatar acorn! welcome to the boards

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, hope u find what u are looking for
            Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Welcome to the forums! :^^:

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X