X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freedom of speech/religion/assembly vs. keeping the peace

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
    Simply because it is at there funerals thats disrespectfull. They can protest anywhere else with the same messages. A persons death imho is sacred and there actions are disrespectfull to the dead. This is there intended resting place rather how you interpurt the afterlife. If souls/spirits/energys reside there they deserve peace.

They can protest anywhere else.
    Protests are fundamentally disrespectful, they don't happen when people really like what they're protesting against. They are airing their grievances. The dead are not worthy of more respect than the living. They are no more deserving of peace than you or I.

If you can call me on my BS when I'm alive, there is no good reason you can't do so when I'm dead. The polite and respectful thing to do, shouldn't be the ONLY thing to do. The only thing that accomplishes is restricting dialogue, restricting agency.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Protests are fundamentally disrespectful, they don't happen when people really like what they're protesting against. They are airing their grievances. The dead are not worthy of more respect than the living. They are no more deserving of peace than you or I.

If you can call me on my BS when I'm alive, there is no good reason you can't do so when I'm dead. The polite and respectful thing to do, shouldn't be the ONLY thing to do. The only thing that accomplishes is restricting dialogue, restricting agency.
      I'm going to have to agree on this one. WBC has full right to protest .
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I just have to agree to disagree. And i took this thread off topic by my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
          I just have to agree to disagree. And i took this thread off topic by my statement.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. F that group of scum.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just feel they are protesting in a spiritual resting place and thats disrespectfull imo cementaries are to be of a calm atmosphere. For them to go there and raise a boat load of negative energy is just wrong they are playing with fire. Negative spirits feed off the emotions. And honestly the grieving families have a right to mourn with out people insulting their loved ones name.

Death is final i haved cared for many people watching them die slowly and i performed post mordem care on them

Children of soliders at the very least deserve to be spared from wbc hate. Wbc might have leagal rights but they have no moral rights to do what they do. Just as i have no moral right to walk up to wbc children mourning the death of their father and tell him what a disgusting pos i think he was. They hide behind being a church which is much more like a cult.

So god hates fags is why soilders die? Thats there motto. Its disfgusting its even more disgusting soilders die protecting their rights they abuse.

Burials and funerals should be a time of griefing and mourning. Not a time for whatever they are attempting to gain. Al they do is anger and enrage people. I am waiting for karma to turn on them. They are a disgrace to my home state. I dont wish for harm towards anyone put they have pushed me past my limit. They brainwash their children to believe in ignorance and hatred. And all in the name of god they are the proof that christianity can be used to spread evil.

So they can protest anywhere else in the world but stay far away from funerals and grave sites. I know i dont want to listen to their ignorance after i die

I believe the dead deserve rest and drama free atmosphere. Thts what i want from death if i remained a earth bound spirit i would long to be finally seperated from negative hatefull people.

Comment

I get that you really don't like them and I doubt anyone here would argue that what such acts aren't deplorable, but from a legal and practical standpoint the only right dead people should and do have is to be disposed of properly.

If you have wishes for how your funeral goes or the well being of your ethereal form, then it is up to you and the people you entrust with that responsibility to make that happens and not the government or anyone else. Even if that means cracking a few heads or breaking a few noses.

I'm fine with you saying they shouldn't do so, I am just pointing out that I would not (As in I am not sure that you hold that position) agree with the notion that they or anyone should be forbidden under law from doing so.

Comment

Funerals are for the living more than the dead, for family and friends to say goodbye and cope with their grieving. So what about the rights of the living people close to the deceased who may, and no doubt will, be emotionally or even mentally damaged by such "protests"?
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                    So what about the rights of the living people close to the deceased who may, and no doubt will, be emotionally or even mentally damaged by such "protests"?
                    I don't know about the UK, but Americans are not guaranteed the right to not be offended. As long as it doesn't cross over into harassment, they'll just have to deal or try for a lawsuit.

Litigation is as American as free refills and prescription drug advertisements.

Comment

I would imagine most cemetery's would be considered private property,as far as controlling access. As in you may come in as long as you respect the nature of the property. The cemetery would not it might seem public property.

From this link it would seem I am wrong about private property for a cemetery.

http://cemeteries.uslegal.com/public...te-cemeteries/
                      Last edited by anunitu; 11 Sep 2014, 03:13.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't know about the UK, but Americans are not guaranteed the right to not be offended. As long as it doesn't cross over into harassment, they'll just have to deal or try for a lawsuit.

Litigation is as American as free refills and prescription drug advertisements.
                        If they pulled the shit they do down my end, they'd have their heads caved in. I look forward to the day they piss off the wrong people. I'd be surprised if they don't already get seven shades of shit kicked out of them on a regular basis there. I imagine it's how they make money, through assault lawsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post

If they pulled the shit they do down my end, they'd have their heads caved in. I look forward to the day they piss off the wrong people. I'd be surprised if they don't already get seven shades of shit kicked out of them on a regular basis there. I imagine it's how they make money, through assault lawsuits.
                          Completely OT, but when did you become an f***n Manc twat??? Lol
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Of
                            Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I would imagine most cemetery's would be considered private property,as far as controlling access. As in you may come in as long as you respect the nature of the property. The cemetery would not it might seem public property.

From this link it would seem I am wrong about private property for a cemetery.

http://cemeteries.uslegal.com/public...te-cemeteries/
                            I get that you really don't like them and I doubt anyone here would argue that what such acts aren't deplorable, but from a legal and practical standpoint the only right dead people should and do have is to be disposed of properly.

If you have wishes for how your funeral goes or the well being of your ethereal form, then it is up to you and the people you entrust with that responsibility to make that happens and not the government or anyone else. Even if that means cracking a few heads or breaking a few noses.

I'm fine with you saying they shouldn't do so, I am just pointing out that I would not (As in I am not sure that you hold that position) agree with the notion that they or anyone should be forbidden under law from doing so.

They protest across their street or else they would be trespassing. Do I want a law taking their freedoms away? No. Would I mind it if they get labeled a cult and disbanned? Nope. Americas has enough issues and too many forget to be more respectfull towards the dead. My apartment I lived in as a child was build on Native American burial grounds. Im well aware that most of nobody feels they deserve this respect in america.

I have loved ones serving and have served over seas thankfully they are all still with us. My family members have made similar threats. Several groups of bikers come and run their bikes so the protest can not be heard. And they help calm and detain enraged family members wanting to do what a prior poster described. Meeting their violence with violence makes their ambition in rightness of their actions more so.

I have by own wishes for life after death and yes I have to be ensure my desires are carried out.

Comment

It's more of Ethics of an individual, protesting at a persons resting place is nothing wrong, just expect a huge backlash from people chasing you down with pitchforks and knifes out of passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                Completely OT, but when did you become an f***n Manc twat??? Lol
                                When some scouser called me that the other day. I liked it xD

Comment

Working...
                                X