Zombie Apocalypse Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Planning

I think the element I find most hilarious about the current zombie craze is that a war college decided that planning a contingency to put down a zombie uprising was a good exercise for its students and that due to this, the US military has contingencies explicitly for multiple potential forms of zombie apocalypse.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      I think the element I find most hilarious about the current zombie craze is that a war college decided that planning a contingency to put down a zombie uprising was a good exercise for its students and that due to this, the US military has contingencies explicitly for multiple potential forms of zombie apocalypse.

Well...if you are planned up ready for ZA, you are planned up ready for everything
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

A few years back, I was pretty sure that all those Zombie fanatics were going to turn out to be correct. There was that guy in Florida who was seen eating another man's face, a man who eviscerated himself and threw coils of his intestines at the police, a woman who boiled and ate her baby, and a few other things all in a short span of time.

I've sat down and thought about it, and have realized that my home is not very safe, nor am I adequately prepared for the ZA.

Comment

Personally, I don't think something like this will happen. Unless there will be a strange bacteria that will turn everybody into zombies...
          But if something like that happens, I'll gather all those who are close to me (family members, friends, our cat), get as much food, water and weapons as possible. Here.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'd like to point out that this thread isn't about whether or not you believe in the existance of zombies or their ability to bring about the apocalypse (although, that is a perfectly legit, if (hopefully) absurd converation to have)...so much as it is how to <em>prepare </em>for a zombie apocalypse---because if you are prepped for ZA (whether you believe in&nbsp;it or not, and I don't), you are pretty much prepared for anything realistic (probable or not) that might come your way

Just because I don't want you all getting the wrong idea of me

How to use mylar emergency "blankets" when making an emergency shelter

OOH! Check this out: http://eartheasy.com/luminaid-solar-...id-solar-light
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting! We have a few thermal blankets kicking around. That could come in handy for a backcountry camping disaster as well.

Comment

I miss the good old days when "zombie" was a word you only heard at Halloween, or once in a while at the movies. I know people who actually think corpses will reanimate. I just can't deal with that!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I miss the good old days when "zombie" was a word you only heard at Halloween, or once in a while at the movies. I know people who actually think corpses will reanimate. I just can't deal with that!
                  I also can't deal for the fact that people are using the 'zombie gonna eat meh blains' excuse for a culture of people massacring their fellow former men by the thousands with no sense of guilt or remorse whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    Whatever's popular.

When Stargate was hot, people saw pyramid-shaped flying saucers.

I don't mind loonies - they provide endless entertainment - but I wish they had more imagination!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Whatever's popular.

When Stargate was hot, people saw pyramid-shaped flying saucers.

I don't mind loonies - they provide endless entertainment - but I wish they had more imagination!
                      Well clearly you're out of luck.

It's either get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans or get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans and get shot with dart guns and paintballs.

Comment

Originally posted by LordJulian View Post
                        Well clearly you're out of luck.

It's either get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans or get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans and get shot with dart guns and paintballs.
                        I know there are a few places that have things like a 5k Zombie Run, where you volunteer to go as a human or a zombie. If you're a zombie, you get to get all made up by local film students. Some spots even set up the runs through wooded areas, and the idea is to stay ahead of the zombies, but if you're caught, you join the horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                          I know there are a few places that have things like a 5k Zombie Run, where you volunteer to go as a human or a zombie. If you're a zombie, you get to get all made up by local film students. Some spots even set up the runs through wooded areas, and the idea is to stay ahead of the zombies, but if you're caught, you join the horde.
                          Sounds like fun where do you sign up i wanna be a zombie.

On halloween we have a zombie walk on mainstreet traffic is blocked. Zombie walks are illegal but the zombies come to walk anyway. Its all good fun till jerks smash things and vandelize property. The last year i went the national guard was there in full riot gear.

- - - Updated - - -

For all your zombie apocolypse survival necessitys

http://www.budk.com/mobileCategory/Z...vival/3536.uts

This thing looks cool.
                          http://www.budk.com/mobileProduct/Zo...536/177394.uts

This Z-Slayer Revolver knife is so realistic, you?ll have to blink twice! The zombie-slayer green gun shaped handle is features real wood and is highly detailed for an authentic revolver look. The razor sharp 1065 surgical steel blade opens up with lightning fast speed with the trigger assisted-open mechanism. Includes a hard nylon sheath that looks just like a gun holster.
                          Lightning fast trigger assist feature
                          1065 surgical steel blade
                          Includes hard nylon sheath
                          7 1/2" overall
                          3 1/4" blade

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

This is an app. It's a fun app.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              This is an app. It's a fun app.
                              They are real events though in a lot of cities (including here). There really are people made up like zombies and you have to run away from them. I think ours is more of a zombie walk, though, and you don't so much run away as just show up dressed like a zombie and walk around like a zombie for a few hours. Lazy hipsters.

I've heard of that app...I bet it's fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

They are real events though in a lot of cities (including here). There really are people made up like zombies and you have to run away from them. I think ours is more of a zombie walk, though, and you don't so much run away as just show up dressed like a zombie and walk around like a zombie for a few hours. Lazy hipsters.

I've heard of that app...I bet it's fun!
                                Adelaide had a zombie walk, where people just dress up, but nothing healthy related lol
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment