• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transgender womans nightmare in Hong Kong

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world/...x.html?c=world
    Thoughts?

Re: transgender womans nightmare in Hong Kong

My thought is that people forget how terrible the rest of the world is for people who are different when they cry about treatment in the West.

Comment

Re: transgender womans nightmare in Hong Kong

Well, you have to think from the side of the airport 'authorities', that a Woman displaying a Male passport is definitely a security concern when you're passing entirely as someone else. I've read the comments section and one of the viewers commented that the victim should have dressed as a man and the matter would not blow over. I don't think there has to be a stand of principle or pride though, if you're taking refuge from violence and discrimination, shouldn't you take extra steps to secure your safety and not compromise it such as in this case? And of course, I don't believe that people would accept the idea of including an extra gender specifically for transgenders mainly because of the extra procedures needed to process the requirements to have the adequate security checks, etc. Well, I don't know much about the process of airport administration & security really....

Off topic, as much as I have an issue and would disagree to the idea of LGBT, which I will say that I have strong feelings against that idea, I would never discriminate any of them regardless of what they have done to their Sexuality or label them as less than human. Sometimes I would smell the stench of hypocrisy when most of modern society would say that they would be 'open-minded' to such thoughts, when in truth, they just cannot see the change in the status quo to at least accept these people. IMO I don't believe in LGBT, but that doesn't mean I would act against their beliefs.

Comment

Working...
      X