This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey :^)

Might be the wrong place for this, but I'm looking for people I can talk to about magic. Rituals, spells, etc... I'm really big into divination, like tasseomancy and dream interpretation, and I'm about to look into getting my first Tarot deck. I'd like to find some people to talk about magic, magical beings, and the like.

Re: Hey :^)

tarrot cards work best if given to you as a gift I understand them. and youcan buy them but bonding with them can take longer. that is what i was taught.

Comment

Then I suppose I'll just have to wait until Yule for a deck, huh?

Comment

unless you can put hints out and some gets it for you just cuse. maybe someone with more knowledge and experience will have something different to say. you can buy them connect with them. you can always familarize your self with the meaning of the cards. thry have oracle cards as well.

i study dream interpertation I record certain dreams.

Comment

I bought my deck and have no problems connecting with it. It wanted me. It was used deck at a local shop and called out to me. There are exceptions to every "rule". Just start by looking around a bit, and if you want to practice at it before you or someone else spends a bit a money, star with playing cards. I used them for years before actually having a true deck. Next time I have PC access I'll post a thread with the interpretations I used for them.

Dream interpretation can be tricky, because different people put different meaning behind things, as well as different cultures. I tend to go with which options feels right for the circumstances or general mood of the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fang View Post
            I bought my deck and have no problems connecting with it. It wanted me. It was used deck at a local shop and called out to me. There are exceptions to every "rule". Just start by looking around a bit, and if you want to practice at it before you or someone else spends a bit a money, star with playing cards. I used them for years before actually having a true deck. Next time I have PC access I'll post a thread with the interpretations I used for them.

Dream interpretation can be tricky, because different people put different meaning behind things, as well as different cultures. I tend to go with which options feels right for the circumstances or general mood of the dream.
            I don't have a specific deck in mind, but I feel *something* calling out to me. I've heard from a few people it works best as a gift, but I have a gut feeling-- and those aren't to be ignored. And yeah, dream interpretation is tricky, though I've found I have a keen hand in it.

Comment

go shopping see if a deck calls to you. rules are guidelines. i bought my own deck years ago. much younger not patient and cluless. to rasing energy.

your gut is what you go by.

when i research my dreams i try to find all meanings possible and write them down. in time rereading sheds more light then your first gut feeling.

imho I think the connection and enegy you manifest towards thre cards is most important. i want to make my own runes i never seemed to connect with the tarrot decks.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                tarrot cards work best if given to you as a gift I understand them. and youcan buy them but bonding with them can take longer. that is what i was taught.
                I disagree with this. This sort of thing only has the power you give to it. So if you believe it, it's true for you. Theres nothing wrong with it, whatever works for you is fine by me, but I disagree with it.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I just bought my own first deck and got it just a few days ago. They didn't so much call to me as threw a screaming tantrum and demanded I buy them haha. So I did, and i haven't been able to get them out of my hands since. Even if I'm not actually looking at them, I'm still shuffling them. Enough proof for me that its the deck and not how you get it.
                  But I mean, hey, if you can stand to wait and you wanna do it that way, go for it. Whatever makes you happy man. I certainly wasn't waiting once I saw my deck though.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      I disagree with this. This sort of thing only has the power you give to it. So if you believe it, it's true for you. Theres nothing wrong with it, whatever works for you is fine by me, but I disagree with it.
                      just what i was taught when i knew nothing really. back when giving power and energy into things were ideas i had trouble understanding.years ago knowledge was hard to find obtain. i still have much to learn myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                        Welcome.
                        Thanks much!

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post

just what i was taught when i knew nothing really. back when giving power and energy into things were ideas i had trouble understanding.years ago knowledge was hard to find obtain. i still have much to learn myself.
                          Yeah I understand just posting my own veiw on the matter.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Welcome! I'm new here too I'm also looking for people to chat with, so feel free to hit me up anytime! I have several tarot decks, but I definitely feel more drawn to some of them than others. Recently I found a deck that uses astrology as a way of interpretation, which I found really cool. Right away I have felt connected to it. I agree with others, just go with your instincts and what feels best for you. I had to sneak my first tarot deck into the house when I first felt the need to get one. However, after a few years of patient discussions, my mother actually gave one to me as a gift. It was a huge step and I still cherish that deck years later. (It was one I already owned, but hey it's the thought that counts, lol)

As far as dreams go - I LOVE them! And I'm definitely into dream interpretation. Ever since I was little I have been working on controlling my dreams (it's a long story, but basically I didn't fully understand what I was doing when I was little, it was just a coping method brought on by my father. I'll share more with you if you're ever interested ) But now, after years of work, I am a lucid dreamer and have some great control over my dreams! I adore it! But instead of always controlling them, I do try to learn from them as well. Anyways, I could ramble on and on about this topic, but I don't want to bore anyone. Feel free to contact me with any questions/comments, I love to chat!

Comment

Working...
                            X