This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook attacks drag queens and other people

looks like they are forcing people on FB to use their legal names or have their accounts suspended until they comply. one drag queen is now a victim.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Re: Facebook attacks drag queens and other people

Facebook has always wanted real names. It's one of the many, many reasons I hate it.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well I go by my real name on Facebook but on Google plus here and any other form of media I go by satanic witch . I can understand why a drag queen wouldn't wanna use there real name . And face book is getting better they now give u more gender options other then male / female ,
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

as far as i known thats always been a requrement

Comment

Facebook has always required the use of the legal name of the user, at least they did two years ago when I last went on the bloody thing.

Comment

Uh. I have quite a few friends who have very fake names. Born Villain is one. I'm almost positive that's not his real name. I have another who uses drone as his last name. There is a way around this.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
              And face book is getting better they now give u more gender options other then male / female ,
              They only do that in the US (or at least they don't in Europe and most of Asia and it doesn't look like we're going to get that option any time soon.)

I'm on fb under a fake name and that is not going to change. If the alternative is going to mean me getting booted off so be it. Not that it'd be any great sacrifice, I hardly ever use it these days.
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

[QUOTE=MoonRaven;156639]They only do that in the US (or at least they don't in Europe and most of Asia and it doesn't look like we're going to get that option any time soon.)

Your joking . They made a big deal over how they give gender options and the don't in Europe wow . And a lot of people have fake names on there if they start booten people off with fake names then it is going to down size to about a hundred people on the whole site. I don't think it is a good idea on there part . And they should leave drag queens alone .
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Apparently they did this recently to woman recently who was using her Pagan name, after she and BNP author and asshole Christian Day got in a dust up on FB...ended up outing her to her stalker.

So, no surprise there...its always been part of their policy. And they enforce it like everything else--erratically, when someone brings it to their attention...which is usually done as a vendetta from one user to another.

I'd ditch FB if there was a useful, not annoying to use, and any better alternative.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

The only alternative, really, is to create a "page" for your alternate name, and then have a separate account with your real name. Kind of like what they did with the whole Youtube - Google Plus merger, which was confusing as hell for one. Either way it is a dumb rule. I wonder if asking permission to use a fake name would be a nice compromise.

Comment

Well, that is a monopolistic social network forcing it's authority on internet privacy with it's popularity and such....

Like as if evil terrorist drag queens would want to cyber-hack the facebook site and set up promotions of crossdressing etuquette lessons to scare the normal population shitless while getting away with fake names.

Ha.

Comment

90% of Germany will get banned at one point. Germans feel strongly about online privacy and few people use their real names. Most people have FB names like "Mai Ke" (splitting their first name in two) or "Jane Doe" (straight up aliases). I think that at some point, they're going to have to change their policy on names if they want to continue expanding internationally. Germany is a huge market, and it is by far not the only country where most people feel this way.

Comment

What can I say? Facebook is a site designed by irritating sods, its no wonder I deleted my account on there.
                          "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Working...
                          X