This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK child sex ring

Former head of children's services steps down 'for sake of victims' three weeks after report reveals extent of abuse

so this is an outgrowth of an issue that apparently broke last month. I'm less concerned with the resignation and more with wtf happened over there?
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 03 Oct 2014, 20:27.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Re: Wtf uk wtf!!?!!?!!!

a LOT. And much is ongoing. The Child abuse investigations have covered - over a period of time - many, many parts of the country. We've had some high profile entertainers accused (and some convicted.) And politicians. The dirty laundry leads to some very high places indeed.

But those who should have helped these vulnerable children not only chose not to, but in some instances colluded with the attackers. I don't suspect for one moment this is unique to the UK, either. But it certainly stinks!
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Yeah, I can't even comprehend how and why some of the people accused would do such things, and why these issues are all appearing now
      Work hard Play hard.
      What is history?

Comment

Yep, WTF indeed. That's pretty much all I can say about it. The extent is just mind-blowing.

Comment

I read about that before wtf indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
            Yeah, I can't even comprehend how and why some of the people accused would do such things, and why these issues are all appearing now
            Partly there was a sea-change of opinion after Jimmy Saville died (last year I think). He was a 'national treasure' - even knighted, but an absolute scumbag, paedophile, necrophiliac and heaven-knows-what-else. I think once people came out about him (in their hundreds) then others started telling their stories too.

Certainly there were huge cover-ups at an extremely high level. And a few other 'national treasures' have been found guilty since then. But these are very old men now, and none of the politicians named (again, some were household names) have been prosecuted.

There is, apparently, going to be an 'inquiry.' Only the people in charge may have strong links to those being investigated so I am not holding my breath.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Kinda hard to "Punish" people when they only get "Caught" when they are in their 90's like the SS concentration camp guard who at 93 is only now being tried.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                But those who should have helped these vulnerable children not only chose not to, but in some instances colluded with the attackers. I don't suspect for one moment this is unique to the UK, either. But it certainly stinks!
                Two years ago, there was a scandal in Mexico. Young girls were being "sold" to people for the purposes of beating and murder - you know, entertainment.

Those involved were the police and local politicos - but, as I recall, it was all swept under the rug. I can't even find news reports any more...

Sometimes people stink, really, really badly.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yes B. De.,people indeed are sometimes bad apples,more like bad chunks of crap that did not get flushed...

Now this might explain some things....supposed to be our ancestors right?

Chimpanzee Death: Killing Comes 'Naturally' To Chimps, But What About Humans?

http://www.ibtimes.com/chimpanzee-de...humans-1691152

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering if this could end up being an excuse or plea if you get tried for murder...The monkey made me do it!!!!
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This story horrified me. Sadly, it is not a new story but one that has been ongoing for as long as people have been perverse (forever?). Every now and then the curtain is pulled back and we collectively gasp. I just feel sick thinking about it, and sicker to feel certain that such a thing is surely occurring here in the DC area and we all go blithely about our business each day.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                    X