X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna (probably) hit 11 Bil by 2100

Dude.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Gonna (probably) hit 11 Bil by 2100

Dudette...getting crowded up in here....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Wow... I don't even know if its good or bad. Possibly bad, because there won't possibly be enough resources to feed people from.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I hate crowds...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i say bad. housing is outrageous in some areas

Comment

To be fair, most of that growth is going to be in Asia or especially Africa, and less so in the Americas and Europe. I suppose that, if it came down to housing needs, the sky is (literally) the limit, and we could just construct tower complexes made up for entirely residential purposes like those in Hong Kong or South Korea, which can house thousands of people.

Food and services presents quite the problem though. Services would have to be increased and more condensed, or the existing services properly expanded to handle the increasing demand. Agricultural Science would probably need to be properly invested in, and food waste exponentially reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              I hate crowds...
              So do I....
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                To be fair, most of that growth is going to be in Asia or especially Africa, and less so in the Americas and Europe. I suppose that, if it came down to housing needs, the sky is (literally) the limit, and we could just construct tower complexes made up for entirely residential purposes like those in Hong Kong or South Korea, which can house thousands of people.
                That's such a miserable way to live, though. It's doable, but it's depressing. I can barely tolerate western Germany because the population is too dense. i couldn't imagine living in Asia -now-, let alone with even more people.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  That's such a miserable way to live, though. It's doable, but it's depressing. I can barely tolerate western Germany because the population is too dense. i couldn't imagine living in Asia -now-, let alone with even more people.
                  I think, if it were done right, it could be rather fabulous.

I don't need space to sleep/eat/poop in, I need space outside of where I can live. I don't live in my domicile...I just do my business there.

If I live in a giant tower, but have terraces and gardens in it and a giant park outside, and a forest across the street...I'm down.

*decides to become architect*
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I think, if it were done right, it could be rather fabulous.

I don't need space to sleep/eat/poop in, I need space outside of where I can live. I don't live in my domicile...I just do my business there.

If I live in a giant tower, but have terraces and gardens in it and a giant park outside, and a forest across the street...I'm down.

*decides to become architect*
                    Precisely! Concentration of urban population allows for the space previously used for residential housing to be used for afforestation and the development of city parks and gardens. The other options tend to be using up more and more of the available land - that could be preserved or used for farmland - for expanding urban centres and suburban sprawl. So long as the housing provided is properly adequate for individual households to live comfortably, and services are properly available, I personally wouldn't have too much of a problem with it.

Comment

I'll just keep moving further and further into nomansland.

I don't like crowded buildings, either.

Just the idea of all those stacked bodies above and below me gives me the heebie-jeebies.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

gonna go with B. De. on this,having grown up in the big city..and also lived in a small town..small town would be the preferred place to live.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          gonna go with B. De. on this,having grown up in the big city..and also lived in a small town..small town would be the preferred place to live.
                          I grew up in a small town, and I live in a big urban area now--but I'm spoiled, I live in a urban area with lots of greenspace, and blue space too...
                          sigpic

Comment

Housing like this comes to mind:

Comment

No. Just no.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment